Matrox G450 MMS

Old October 29th 05, 07:30 PM
Karl

Default Matrox G450 MMS

After exploring multi-monitor options it seem I am constantly referred
to Matrox products. Presently I am running " Presently running a system
equipped with a GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 4X 64 MB dual head card, running two
monitors." This system was built for me maybe two years or so ago. At
this point I am interested in running three, four monitors.

More than likely I would need to start from scratch. Is there a "how
to" build site for building a four monitor system? Perhaps what to look
for in a motherboard, etc.

Karl
Old October 30th 05, 12:03 PM
Henrik Tived

do you only want 4 monitors?

if then you can get the above, or you can get a couple of PCIe card, aka
Matrox P650i, or a couple of Nvidia (i didn't say that here! ooops!)

you are not informing what sort of quality output you are looking for, there
really are plenty of options, depending on your hardware, anything newish
will most likely be able to do the job.

I have hooked up 4 monitors with my Parhelia (using 3 monitors) + a PCI card
for a forth. I have another system with two Quadro FX 3400 PCIe which can
either do SLI on one monitor, or run 4 seperate monitors, like 4x 24" Dell
2405, currently only 2 connected! Using Nview or Iview, you can configur
your setup!

if you are looking for color accuracy then you need seperate LUT for each,
in order to calibrate each of them. which normally means for seperate
cards!!

good luck and have fun. There are also some exsotic solution, but I am sure
if you had that sort of cash you wouldn't be asking questions here!!! No
offence meant!

Henrik
Down Under

Old October 30th 05, 12:05 PM
Henrik Tived

You need to specify what mainboard you have and what you are expecting to
get out of the monitors. Matrox does have great support for this IMHO

Henrik

PS: get a PCI card with dual head!

Old November 1st 05, 06:04 AM
Karl

Henrik,

Actually, I'd like of hear some of those solutions. Our tech guy outfitted
the first dual-monitor system a few years ago, and at this point I'm
looking for solutions that maybe I can implement sans tech guy. Henrik, no
offense taken. I have never viewed newsgroups as an option for the short of
cash. Have received some great solutions over the years from newsgroups.

Thanks, Karl

Old November 3rd 05, 01:18 AM
Henrik Tived

Hi Karl,

didn't mean to offend, but when it isn't really specified what the
application is, then it is pretty wide open in terms of choices if your
wallet is deep enough. I kind of like the exsotic gear, when it comes to
computers, but that is not to say it is what everyone else what and neither
of us can afford.

any did you find a solution?

the easy was, if you started from scratch would be to get a mainboard with
PCIexpress, with two PCIe slots preferable with 16x (faster) and plug two
Nvidia cards in for SLI, but use them for their dual monitor output (of each
card), connect the four monitors, if newer, using DVI connector (better
connection - digital ) reboot a few times and define which monitor is which.
voila you are now also the comp. tech in company!

best of luck

Kindest regards

Henrik

. ..