Advice Needed Viewsonic VX900-2 LCD text shimmers, pullses and blurs when scrolling web pages.

Old February 11th 04, 10:11 PM
Newzhound777

Default Advice Needed Viewsonic VX900-2 LCD text shimmers, pullses and blurs when scrolling web pages.

Hi,

I just got my Viewsonic VX900-2 19" lcd last week, and I'm having the exact
same problems as Matt. It is very obtrusive when I scroll text on web pages,
either slow or fast, especially with a dark backround or graphic behind the
text, shimmers and pulses when scrolling web pages, and in addition gets
blurry when scrolling a little bit faster. Please advise! I'm using an
Athlon 1.4 GHZ, and an AIW 9800 Pro, with 512 megs of Mushkin DDR ram., plus
the Soundblaster Live Platinum. The motherboard is the Gigabyte GA7VRXP.
All drivers are up to date, and I use the DVI cable. Thanks Very Much!

Charlie

From: matt )
Subject: TFT/LCD Monitor headaches....

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video, comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc
Date: 2002-09-24 08:26:23 PST

I've recently upgraded my bulky CRT monitor for a nice new LCD panel
(smasung 17").

I was hoping that a LCD panel would reduce the amount of eyestrain, and
therefore would mean less headaches. But after a day of using my new LCD
panel I have a headache!! The main problem seems to be when I scroll a page
of text, like a webpage for example, the text flickers and shudders and
goes
blurry until I stop scrolling. This is the problem. Is there anything I can
do??

my monitor has a native resolution of 1280x1024, dot pitch of 0.26mm and a
response time of 25ms. I'm currently using the standard analogue
connection.
I'm expecting delivery of a DVI equipped Video Card anytime. Is the DVI
connection likely to improve this problem?

thanks

matt

Old February 12th 04, 12:55 AM
RobD

I have the VP191 with a Raedon 9800 Pro and I don't have any problems with
it. The response time (25 ms) and other specs are identical to your
monitor. I also use the DVI input, the optimal resolution (1280x1024), and
the preferred refresh rate of 60Hz. Don't try using a refresh rate above 75
Hz or you can damage the monitor. LCD monitors work best at the optimal
resolution even though they support others with a side effect of blurry
and/or shimmering text. The only effect I see during scrolling is a color
brightness shift (most noticeable for blues) which I attribute to the
response time. If you think your monitor is bad, you should contact
Viewsonic for assistance. Your monitor should perform equal to mine.

- Robert -

.net...

From: matt )

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video, comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc

Old February 12th 04, 03:40 AM
rci2990

i got the vx-900 about a year ago and never had any problems.i'm typing this
message on it.whats the 2 after the model name for,mine is vx-900.i use the
dvi cable to.maybe you should send it back and get another one.i thought lcd
monitors use 60 for the refresh rate and if you change it,it doesn't matter.

From: matt )

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video, comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc

Old February 12th 04, 04:22 AM
Home@Desk

I don't have that problem on my Princeton 19" LCD VL1916 and I'm just
using the analog input, not the DVI since there is no difference for me
between the two. Have you used the auto tune on your LCD when you are
looking at that text on the web page? Try auto adjusting it, once the
monitor auto adjust you shouldn't have that problem.

In article ,
says...

Old February 13th 04, 03:57 AM

Home@Desk wrote in
:

I don't have that problem on my Princeton 19" LCD VL1916 and I'm just
using the analog input, not the DVI since there is no difference for me
between the two. Have you used the auto tune on your LCD when you are
looking at that text on the web page? Try auto adjusting it, once the
monitor auto adjust you shouldn't have that problem.

Speaking of that Princeton LCD, I called a Costco store here in AZ; they
told me that they have it listed in their system but no store in the PHX
area carries it as of yet. I was told that this item is listed as 'new'.
In which state did you get yours?

Thanks.

Old February 13th 04, 05:40 AM
Home@Desk

In article , lid says...
Speaking of that Princeton LCD, I called a Costco store here in AZ; they
told me that they have it listed in their system but no store in the PHX
area carries it as of yet. I was told that this item is listed as 'new'.
In which state did you get yours?

Thanks.

I got mine from the Portland, Oregon area. I know they have a lot in
stock at these two Costco stores when I was recently in the

Costco store #766 in Wilsonville and
Costco store #111 in Tigard.

and I just checked Costco's web site and they finally have the Princeton
VL1916 listed at
www.costco.com so it can be ordered online now. Costco
also has a $50.00 off coupon in the Costco coupon book that I just got
in the mail that is good for March 15 thru 21. Brings it to a great
price for a 19" LCD monitor!!!!

The picture Costco has for the Princeton VL1916 is not correct, you will
have to go to www.prgr.com to see the real picture of it, but the specs
and model # are correct for it on the Costco site. The item # is:
Item # 22987 Princeton VL1916 19" LCD.

Happy LCDing
Old February 14th 04, 12:07 AM
Newzhound777

Hey asshole:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-b...usive&x=9&y=14

As in meaning 1b b : undesirably prominent

Now go away , fool!

P.S.: You might want to look up the word obtrusive before you try using it
in a sentence again

writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 08:57 AM
Nero help needed foghat Cdr 0 May 31st 04 08:23 PM
A7N8X Deluxe based system running problems, advice needed Hazardz Homebuilt PC's 0 December 23rd 03 03:38 AM
New LCD advice needed. Sparrow Ati Videocards 0 November 10th 03 12:55 AM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM