Safe temp range for OC'ing 2600+ Barton?

Old October 7th 04, 05:42 PM
David Simmons

Default Safe temp range for OC'ing 2600+ Barton?

Hey all,

Right now my Athlon Barton Model 10 2600+ is OC'd with the FSB set to 133
Mhz so it runs at 1.92 Ghz. Regular CPUCool reports give me a temperature
range between 42 and 49 degrees Celsius. Is this range safe for the long
term (as in the next two to three years?). I use my comp about 4 to 5 hours
a day, seven days a week.

Dave

Old October 8th 04, 12:02 AM
Geoff

David Simmons wrote:
Hey all,

Right now my Athlon Barton Model 10 2600+ is OC'd with the FSB set to
133 Mhz so it runs at 1.92 Ghz. Regular CPUCool reports give me a
temperature range between 42 and 49 degrees Celsius. Is this range
safe for the long term (as in the next two to three years?). I use
my comp about 4 to 5 hours a day, seven days a week.

Dave

ya 49 is fine, 55-60c is too much, so if it goes above 55c, get some more
cooling or something

Old October 8th 04, 08:09 PM
YanquiDawg

Any temp under 80C is good if you're PC doesn'st lock up. Pretty sure that's
the spec on the cpu.

Old October 8th 04, 10:06 PM
homeboi

dude I wouldn't go any where near 80C or even 70C and say its a good temp
that's playing with your processor's life lol, any where under 60C at full
load is safe.

Old October 8th 04, 09:48 PM
Wes Newell

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 19:09:55 +0000, YanquiDawg wrote:

Any temp under 80C is good if you're PC doesn'st lock up. Pretty sure that's
the spec on the cpu.

Actually the max spec is 85C, but to run run anywhere close to that is
just plain stupid. With good case/cpu cooling it should idle under 40C
(thermistor reading), and not much more than 50C under full load. I don't
have a board that reads on die temp, but the values should exceed the
thermistor values by much more than 10C. Running a CPU with a die temp of
80C is not good any way you look at it. It's bad, very bad.