Need help with Canon Pixma 9000 Mark II

Old January 17th 13, 07:07 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David Klein

Default Need help with Canon Pixma 9000 Mark II

I added printer icon to "devices and printers"
section of control panel in Windows 7 and there
is a green check mark under the icon to show
that it is the default printer.
When I try to do a test print or print a file
on my computer,I get a "printer not responding" message.
Any advice?
Thanks,
David
Old January 17th 13, 10:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "David Klein"

I added printer icon to "devices and printers"
section of control panel in Windows 7 and there
is a green check mark under the icon to show
that it is the default printer.
When I try to do a test print or print a file
on my computer,I get a "printer not responding" message.
Any advice?
Thanks,
David

One does not "add an icon" to their list of printers. One installs a
Printer into the OS' printer service. If the printer is not formally and
properly installed and connected to a "printer port" (WSD, file, USB, IP
address, parallel port, serial port, etc) the printer will not function.

Because the terminology "I added printer icon to "devices and printers"" is
not standard lingo, please define how you installed the printer and how the
printer is connected to the Win7 computer.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old January 24th 13, 04:27 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David Klein

From: "David Klein"

I added printer icon to "devices and printers"

section of control panel in Windows 7 and there

is a green check mark under the icon to show

that it is the default printer.

When I try to do a test print or print a file

on my computer,I get a "printer not responding" message.

Any advice?

Thanks,

David

One does not "add an icon" to their list of printers. One installs a

Printer into the OS' printer service. If the printer is not formally and

properly installed and connected to a "printer port" (WSD, file, USB, IP

address, parallel port, serial port, etc) the printer will not function.

Because the terminology "I added printer icon to "devices and printers"" is

not standard lingo, please define how you installed the printer and how the

printer is connected to the Win7 computer.

David-

I downloaded a driver from the internet...Canon's web site...and connected the USB cable from the computer to the printer, The USB cable is plugged into a USB port on the computer when prompted to do so. I also tried plugging into some other USB ports on the computer and its keyboard and no dice.Under the "ports" tab in the settings for this printer I selected LPT1, which is the first port that appears in the available port list. "Enable bidirectional support" is checked.
Adobe PDF port monitor and local port.
Thanks for your help!
David

Old January 24th 13, 07:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug[_3_]

From: "David Klein"

I downloaded a driver from the internet...Canon's web site...and connected the USB cable from the computer to the printer, The USB cable is plugged into a USB port on the computer when prompted to do so. I also tried plugging into some other USB ports on the computer and its keyboard and no dice.Under the "ports" tab in the settings for this printer I selected LPT1, which is the first port that appears in the available port list. "Enable bidirectional support" is checked.
Adobe PDF port monitor and local port.
Thanks for your help!

I find it odd that you would choose a parallel printer connection in
the OS when you have just physically connected the printer via a USB
cable. Surely that can not work!
--
Gernot Hassenpflug
Old January 24th 13, 12:50 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Gernot Hassenpflug"

From: "David Klein"

I downloaded a driver from the internet...Canon's web site...and connected the USB
cable
from the computer to the printer, The USB cable is plugged into a USB port on the
computer when prompted to do so. I also tried plugging into some other USB ports on the
computer and its keyboard and no dice.Under the "ports" tab in the settings for this
printer I selected LPT1, which is the first port that appears in the available port
list. "Enable bidirectional support" is checked. Adobe PDF port monitor and local port.
Thanks for your help!

I find it odd that you would choose a parallel printer connection in
the OS when you have just physically connected the printer via a USB
cable. Surely that can not work!

100% agreement.

Thus we need to look at what "driver" was downloaded from Canon as well as the USB port on
the PC and USB on the printer.