New Boxen problem; any ideas?

Old August 12th 04, 11:02 PM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:20:42 +0200, Hans van Eynsbergen wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:59:41 -0700, Onideus Mad Hatter surprised everyone
on Usenet by scribbling:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:38:41 -0400, "Meat--Plow" wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:34:05 -0700, Onideus Mad Hatter
,wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:58:53 -0400, "Meat--Plow" wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:11:16 -0700, Onideus Mad Hatter
,wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:37:20 -0400, "Meat--Plow" wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:31:04 -0700, Onideus Mad Hatter
,wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:44:26 -0400, "Meat--Plow" wrote:

My Prescott draws 90 more watts when it's transcoding MPEG-2 as in shrinking
down DVD files to fit on a DVD-R wink

...um...unless you're going from DVD to SVCD the only thing that can be "transcoded" on a DVD is the
audio you ****ing nimrod. And why would you need to "shrink" a DVD to fit on a DVD-R? I mean, uh,
****ing hello, THEY'RE THE SAME SIZE! o_O

My Prescott also warms from 50 into the 60's when it's thumping. The chipset
also warms but not that much. I replaced with a Northbridge chip of the same
speed as my Prescott and it did not heat near as much nor did it draw near the
wattage. But it also took longet to process video.

That's all that box does, video. I won't clutter it with a bunch of crap it
doesn't need on it. XP can spiral down the toilet with a bunch of non-essentials
installed within it.

...wait, wait, wait...you're claiming to transcode DVDs and you're not running WinXP? And just HOW
are you doing that, praytell? Oh free cl00, there *IS* a way to do it on a Win98 machine, I'm just
checking to see if you actually know what it is or not. ^_^

10 to 1 says your video encoding experience doesn't extend any farther than the default settings in
Auto-Gordian Knot.

One thing for certain is make sure the power supply is adequate with a Prescott
CPU. 380 watts min for a 2.8 and normal perhips.

Retardo here obviously hasn't given any thought in WHAT BRAND of power supply you should buy.

Shut uSLAP

Awww, don't you wanna try and counter anything I've said? Tsch, tsch, tsch...sure is a bitch when
you trip and make yourself look stupid, huh Baby Fett? Tell us about your "transcoding" DVDs to fit
on DVD-Rs again, that was REALLY funny! You know, my only regret is not xposting my reply to
rec.video.desktop, after all, EVERYONE should be able to share in the laughter and entertainment
that is the stupidity of an obsessed adult baby like Butt-Plow!

Poor witSLAP

Jump retard, jump!

Go retard, go retard, go!

BWAHAHAHAHA...gawd I love having obsessed lil fan girls, they're so cute!

DaSLAP

Jump retard, jump!

Oh please, Hatter ! stop it will you !
I'm getting sick and tired -again- of your lack of respect for other
opinions !
I don't mind a good fight, but please show a little respect !
(My 2 cents, not much, but alas)

How exactly do you expect me to respect someone whose idea of a good fight is running all over the
place screaming, "SPNAK YOU GOTS ME IN YOUS KILL FILTERS, ROFLCOPTER!!1!"?

I mean, honestly. And just ignoring him...pfft, that's too easy. ^_^

--

Onideus Mad Hatter
mhm ¹ x ¹
Old August 12th 04, 11:11 PM
Hans van Eynsbergen

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:59:23 -0700, Onideus Mad Hatter surprised everyone
on Usenet by scribbling:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:33:35 +0200, Hans van Eynsbergen wrote:

Hatter,

ByteCoder suggested that you post some pics of the innards of that puter of
yours.
You answered with some excuse, valid or not, I don't care.

Hey look at that, we both don't care! ^_^

But what DOES intrigue me, why don't you post some nice pics on Backwater
of said puter ?
I really start to wonder about that big monster of yours !
I just wanna know if "yours" is bigger then" mine"...cuz I gots a big one !
Puter that is....

Oh bother, that would require me to like go and get the digital camera, and then I'm gonna have to
charge the lil *******, then I'd have to actually TAKE the pictures, then upload them to my system,
then convert them, then upload them to the server...*sigh*...I just can't be arsed at the
momemnt...hell I couldn't even be arsed to put up the pictures of the frelling keeristmas cookies up
on teh Flonk image server when Incantrix asked me to...and those have already been converted and
everything! o_O

Maybe on Friday I'll put up some pictures. Not of Hikaru Sen though, she's not finished yet (which
is actually the main reason why I've only taken a couple pics of the temprature controler). Cause,
the memory heat spreaders are copper, I haven't finished putting all the red wire sleeves on and
don't even get me started on the trouble I've had with Staples and their idiotic "static sticky
paper" (which doesn't work worth a **** btw).

It's not all about the hardware you know, it's also about the STYLE!

The other thing I need to finish is the keyboard. I got one of those ancient IBM keyboards, the
kind that have that really cool clickity sound and I'm working on repainting it and changing out the
all the LEDs so that it matches the case.

Bwahahahhaahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

**** you ! ( nice mode) the time it took to write this reply is the same as
taking a few pics !
I'm gonna post -hump y00 for pics of your puter !
I gots pics of mine !
Mine is bigger then yours..
I may have gotten me a quad board....
Imagine 4 CPU's...Opterons 64....
With 10 HD's...
2 Video cards...
4 ( four !) TFT Screens in a beautiful aluminum tubular rack...
And **** !

--
Hans van Eynsbergen
Rotterdam is http://tinyurl.com/xpkv
Old August 12th 04, 11:18 PM
FrozenNorth

On this fine day Onideus Mad Hatter tossed the following into the public
domain:

[...]

Speaking of which I just took delivery of my new Ferrari Enzo today, if you
were me would you drive that to work tomorrow or the usual Lamborghini.
;-)
--
Froz ...
Old August 12th 04, 11:20 PM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:11:32 +0200, Hans van Eynsbergen wrote:

[...]

Eh, if I really wanted to play the "mine is bigger than yours" game I'd just go out to the college
and take pictures of my symetric multiprocessing "Hydra" cluster...75Ghz baby, oh yeah!

....too bad I don't own it, but hey, I built it and manage it, so that um like sorta makes it
mine...kinda...

Old August 12th 04, 11:33 PM
Hans van Eynsbergen

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:20:00 -0700, Onideus Mad Hatter surprised everyone
on Usenet by scribbling:

Evasive answer !!
Post pics on Backwater of your puter !
LOL
Old August 12th 04, 11:42 PM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:33:59 +0200, Hans van Eynsbergen wrote:

[...]

If I posted any pics they'd be on the Flonk image server:
http://www.meow.org/flonk/

Old August 13th 04, 01:49 AM
Dazz

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:49:48 +0100, Mimic wrote:

snipped

i dunno what froup you came from but thx ;D
Its cured now, but funnily enough having the standard HDD setup
[jumpers] the install looped, switched to CS and it ran through fine,
heh madness :P

Well I'll be damned. That's just ****ing weird. :-)

Dazz

Old August 13th 04, 09:48 AM
Dave J

In MsgID82gnh0h6g0ppmavhr68sdtag8qnv4mqoaf@farfoos within alt.ph.uk,
'Onideus Mad Hatter' wrote:

Tell us about your "transcoding" DVDs to fit
on DVD-Rs again, that was REALLY funny!

Hmm? I thought the excitement over the (new) blue laser or dual layer
DVD standards was that they brought the size of DVD-Rs up to that of
commercial pressings? Implying that copies of commercial pressings
will not currently fit (uncompressed) onto a DVD-R.

--
Dave Johnson -
Old August 13th 04, 10:26 AM
Onideus Mad Hatter

'Onideus Mad Hatter' wrote:

Tell us about your "transcoding" DVDs to fit
on DVD-Rs again, that was REALLY funny!

Hmm? I thought the excitement over the (new) blue laser or dual layer
DVD standards was that they brought the size of DVD-Rs up to that of
commercial pressings? Implying that copies of commercial pressings
will not currently fit (uncompressed) onto a DVD-R.

Uncompressed isn't the right word and your statement might have been accurate...3 months ago.

Old August 13th 04, 11:01 AM
ByteCoder

'Onideus Mad Hatter' wrote:

Tell us about your "transcoding" DVDs to fit
on DVD-Rs again, that was REALLY funny!

Hmm? I thought the excitement over the (new) blue laser or dual layer
DVD standards was that they brought the size of DVD-Rs up to that of
commercial pressings? Implying that copies of commercial pressings
will not currently fit (uncompressed) onto a DVD-R.

That's right, and don't listen to Daiper Boi.

--
- ByteCoder - ... I see stupid people