New Boxen problem; any ideas?

Old August 13th 04, 05:45 PM
Hans van Eynsbergen

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:49:32 -0400, Meat--Plow surprised everyone on
Usenet by scribbling:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:33:35 +0200, Hans van Eynsbergen
,wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:02:15 -0700, Onideus Mad Hatter surprised everyone
on Usenet by scribbling:

snip

Hatter,

ByteCoder suggested that you post some pics of the innards of that puter of
yours.
You answered with some excuse, valid or not, I don't care.
But what DOES intrigue me, why don't you post some nice pics on Backwater
of said puter ?
I really start to wonder about that big monster of yours !
I just wanna know if "yours" is bigger then" mine"...cuz I gots a big one !
Puter that is....

That's it in a nut shell

Diaper Boi has to be the smartest and have all the best
stuff, eat the best food etc...

Truth is that it's all a lie. All made up. That's why he can
provide no proof.

Agreed.

Hey Hatter, I'm still waiting for those pics.
BTW : put your face beside the opened case, before you take a pic, so we
know it's your puter....
--
Hans van Eynsbergen
Rotterdam is http://tinyurl.com/xpkv
Old August 13th 04, 06:27 PM
CuriousOnly

I worked in tech support for about 3 months, I finally quit because they

had me working on 4
different accounts at the same time whilst on 12 hour shifts (E-machines,

Star Office, CDW, third
party hardware and software). You can always tell who knows their **** in

a tech support
department, cause they're always the ones who get used. Seriously, do you

have any idea just how
****ing good you have to be to charge a customer $20 and to then get them

OVER THE PHONE to
perfectly install ANY piece of software or hardware in their system, even

if you've never used said
software or hardware before? He, he, he...trust me, that takes

balls...especially when you consider
the intelligence of your average computer user.

Been there, done that...for too many years. And yes, I agree, you have to
have a certain talent to be able to not only solve user (the L is silent)
issues, you also have to be able to deal with people themselves. I actually
had a user argue with me for the first 20 minutes of the call because I did
not address him as "Doctor username". I finally asked him "do you know
how many certifications I have?" He replied "no". I then asked "do you
CARE how many I have?" He replied "no, I just want my computer fixed!"

Yep. All I want to do is fix it...I don't care what you do.

Needless to say, after 5 year of tech support, a few less hairs, and some
chemically induced liver damage, I decided that network administration would
be more rewarding..........

(opening the floor for comments on THAT brilliant move)

Old August 13th 04, 08:02 PM
Onideus Mad Hatter

,wrote:

[...]

Yes I agree too, I made everything up...really.

Hey Hatter, I'm still waiting for those pics.

Hold your breath and count to a million.

BTW : put your face beside the opened case, before you take a pic, so we
know it's your puter....

Right...and while I'm at it why don't I take out every single component and do a live video stream
JUST so you can be assured that it's "real"....cause gosh knows I give a **** what you think.
You'll be dead in less than a 100 years, Hans, no one on this pathetic stain of a rock is ever going
to remember you for anything, least of all your ****witted little opinions regarding me and my life.

Quite frankly, I'm more than happy to service whatever delusion you're having...if it'll get you to
sit down and shut the **** up. So yeah Hans, everything I said was COMPLETELY made up, REALLY it
was. ^_^

--

Onideus Mad Hatter
mhm ¹ x ¹
Old August 13th 04, 08:11 PM
Hans van Eynsbergen

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:02:00 -0700, Onideus Mad Hatter surprised everyone
on Usenet by scribbling:

,wrote:

[...]

Cool.
Do we get the pics now ?
lol
Old August 13th 04, 08:30 PM
Onideus Mad Hatter

,wrote:

[...]

Ask the cat, she knows.

Old August 13th 04, 09:14 PM
Hans van Eynsbergen

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:30:26 -0700, Onideus Mad Hatter surprised everyone
on Usenet by scribbling:

,wrote:

[...]

You keep evading the real issue, now don't you ?
What's so problematic for a..a...a.. man of your caliber and superior
skilzz to post a few pics of his computer ?
I mean you've been screaming your head off about this super system of yours
and all we want is to see !
What's the big deal ?
Mmmhhhh?
Old August 13th 04, 09:56 PM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:14:27 +0200, Hans van Eynsbergen wrote:

Ask the cat, she knows.

You keep evading the real issue, now don't you ?

Oh I know, it's a real bad habit of mine. ^_^

What's so problematic for a..a...a.. man of your caliber and superior
skilzz to post a few pics of his computer ?

Oh, tryin to butter me up now, eh?

I mean you've been screaming your head off about this super system of yours
and all we want is to see !

Hey Hans, let me ask you something...do you have ANY idea what it's like to be me? I mean, really,
take a step back and just think about my life for a moment. Can you even BEGIN to comprehend just
busy and involved with so many different things I am? Seriously, try and put it all into focus.

Let me just share with you a small fragment of my life and things I need to get done.

Build Josh's new system.
Go over to Roberts to show him upgrade options for his system.
Get gas
Go grocery shopping
Finish encoding The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe
I need to go down to the Sung lady to get a haircut
I need to do updates on the Tripower website
I need to start working on next years version of the Patriots Cheerleaders Calander:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/august.png
I need to go and print more business cards
I gotta go down to the college and see about borrowing one of their sound proof rooms (and by Gawd
they better have electrical outlets)
I also need to go and talk with Rasmussen about the video editing presentation she wants me to do
for her art class next quarter
I need to call up Coldwell and find out about those new apartment complexes their building over by
Albertsons
Makin beef jerkey
Working on FOUR AMVs at the same time with people nagging me about when they're gonna be done, JUST
LIKE YOU HANS!

And that only covers the stuff that I actually FEEL like doing, it doesn't even come anywhere close
to covering all the OTHER stuff that PEOPLE LIKE YOU want me to do. Hell I usually get at LEAST a
dozen e-mails every ****ing week about when I'm gonna finish that stupid fan fic on my Care Bears
site. The idiotic, selfish little requests from people like you, they just NEVER ****ING STOP, you
know? Maybe from your prespective it seems like you're the only one, but trust me on this one, I've
got no shortage of people JUST LIKE YOU constantly nagging at me for this, that and the other. And
you know what? I don't ****ing care. There is so much that needs to be done that there is no way
to cram it all into my life, so I've reached a point where I simply do what *I* want to do, without
any regard to people like you tugging at my heels.

What's the big deal ?
Mmmhhhh?

And to think, some peeps wonder why I act like such a blatant asshole to people like you. I can't
even begin to IMAGINE how much more complicated and burdensome my life would be if the vast majority
of people like you actually LIKED me. o_O

Old August 13th 04, 09:58 PM
ByteCoder

,wrote:

[...]

If I had such a system I'd love to show it!

--
-------------
- ByteCoder - ... I see stupid people
Old August 13th 04, 11:07 PM
ByteCoder

Onideus Mad Hatter wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:14:27 +0200, Hans van Eynsbergen wrote:

Ask the cat, she knows.

You keep evading the real issue, now don't you ?

Oh I know, it's a real bad habit of mine. ^_^

What's so problematic for a..a...a.. man of your caliber and superior
skilzz to post a few pics of his computer ?

Oh, tryin to butter me up now, eh?

I mean you've been screaming your head off about this super system of yours
and all we want is to see !

Hey Hans, let me ask you something...do you have ANY idea what it's like to be me? I mean, really,
take a step back and just think about my life for a moment. Can you even BEGIN to comprehend just
busy and involved with so many different things I am? Seriously, try and put it all into focus.

Let me just share with you a small fragment of my life and things I need to get done.

snip Daiper boi's busy life

And still you have time to post in here that much? Wow!

--
Old August 13th 04, 11:16 PM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:07:50 +0200, ByteCoder wrote:

Onideus Mad Hatter wrote:
[...]

What part of "I do what I like" did you not comprehend Diaper Bitch? Furthermore, 10 to 1 says I
can type at least twice as fas as you can n00b job.

PS - Who the hell ever said all my posts came from my home system?

Maybe some of you are just a lil slow and haven't quite figured out what USB pen drives are yet.
*rolls eyes*