ATI AIW 1920x1200

Old December 25th 04, 06:12 AM
Sgt Andrew

Default ATI AIW 1920x1200

I was a very good boy this year and Santa brought me a Sony 23" Widescreen LCD
Monitor.
The native resolution for this is 1920x1200. Does ATI make a AIW card that can
handle this?
Andy
Old December 25th 04, 11:12 AM
Frank

"Sgt Andrew" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I was a very good boy this year and Santa brought me a Sony 23" Widescreen
LCD
Monitor.
The native resolution for this is 1920x1200. Does ATI make a AIW card that
can
handle this?
Andy

All ATI cards support this. I got a Samsung 24" LCD with the same resolution
and have an X800, works perfect, though you are at the physicall limit of
this resolution because the single link dvi support 1920x1200 at 60 hz as a
maximum because of bandwith.

I do not know the exact mathematical formula, but i got my 24 lcd for 2,5
years now and startet with a ti4600. NVidia got some driver rev that weren´t
able to handel the res, but ati supports it with every driver rev. i got. I
use the omegas for my ati.

Be sure to connect it via the dvi link, not the analogue connector.

If you need further help contact me.

Old December 26th 04, 09:40 PM
Sgt Andrew

I got the AIW 8500DVI I didn't know it did the 1920x1200.
When I hook up the Sony I 'll check it out.
Thanks
Andy

Old December 27th 04, 03:28 PM
Frank

Here ya go:

Quick answer--"yes". If you use Powerstrip or one of its competitors
you can even have nonstandard DVI resolutions--I'm running the DVI on an
8500DV at 1366x768 for example.

The board goes up to 2048 x 1536, so
even if it can't support its _max_ resolution on the DVI, 1280x1024 is
well below the max.

2048x1536 is the max.

Here is a review:

Another reboot, and we were up and running in 32-bit color at 800 by 600
resolution, with other settings as close as an ATI icon in the taskbar
system tray. Flicker is not an issue: If your monitor can handle it, the AiW
Radeon 8500 offers an 85Hz refresh rate at a whopping 2,048 by 1,536-pixel
resolution, with 120Hz refresh for 1,600 by 1,200 and up to 200MHz for 1,280
by 1,024 and below.

http://hardware.earthweb.com/chips/article.php/1024881

Frank