Gateway mx6426 lcd display

Old April 14th 09, 08:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
nick2498

Default Gateway mx6426 lcd display

I have been working on a friends laptop in which the LCD display does
not work. In the process of trying to fix the problem I have replaced
the LCD screen, the inverter board and the LCD harness (flex cable) and
I still get no display. I can plug the laptop into an external monitor
and it works fine so the computer itself is okay, just no display. I'm
at my wits end trying to figure out what else to do. Can someone there
suggest anything?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Old April 15th 09, 12:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

In ,
nick2498 typed on Tue, 14 Apr 2009 02:08:48 -0500:
I have been working on a friends laptop in which the LCD display does
not work. In the process of trying to fix the problem I have replaced
the LCD screen, the inverter board and the LCD harness (flex cable)
and I still get no display. I can plug the laptop into an external
monitor and it works fine so the computer itself is okay, just no
display. I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what else to do. Can
someone there suggest anything?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Hi Nick! Well two things come to mind.

1) If you use a flashlight or a strong light, if it is a backlight
problem... you should see the display very faintly. Things in white will
be easier to see. If you can see it, sounds like the lid switch is
stuck.

2) It is still possible I have heard to have a bad video card even if an
external monitor works. This model, I don't know if it has a separate
video card from the motherboard or not.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2