Installing bigger HDs in Storage works 4214R

Old December 2nd 08, 11:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Gaston Perez

Default Installing bigger HDs in Storage works 4214R

Hey guys,

I have an old Storageworks U3 Drive Enclosure 4214R and this is my current
configuration:

1 RAID 5 Array with 8 x 36 GB SCSI (15K RPM)

I wonder if I can use bigger disks of 72 , 144 GB or even bigger on that
unit?

I have not found any manual, thanks,

Gaston.

Old December 3rd 08, 03:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil[_9_]

"Gaston Perez" wrote in message
Hey guys,

I have an old Storageworks U3 Drive Enclosure 4214R and this is my current
configuration:

1 RAID 5 Array with 8 x 36 GB SCSI (15K RPM)

I wonder if I can use bigger disks of 72 , 144 GB or even bigger on that
unit?

I have not found any manual, thanks,

Gaston.

Gaston,
They will work fine, I have the 4314's (scsi3) with 72 gig drives we have
been using for some time.
The 4214R is scsi2 not 3, unless the controller module (module where the
cables plug in) has been upgraded.
Phil

Old December 3rd 08, 05:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Gaston Perez

Thanks Phil, your help is very appreciated. I will quote some new hard

drives for the unit.

Have you (or anyone else) upgraded the controller module? do you know the
part number?

Thanks

Gaston.