Beware of Radio Shack

Old July 15th 04, 04:09 PM
news

Default Beware of Radio Shack

I have talked to several friends and clients who didnt have the original
packaging(who does after 1 month) after the products went bad/defective.
These incidents happened after 1 month or so ,and they flat out refused to
even grant a replacement or credit. These were computer components,
Notebook adaptors and stereo equipment. If you must buy from them,
Save the complete packaging in pristine condition for as long as the
warranty is in play.
If you dont, they will refuse you even an exchange. Keep this in mind
before you go there
and know that most larger retailers will promptly issue a credit at least
for defective products
not in original pristine packaging
CR

--
http://QLiner.com

Well, dinner would have been splendid... if the wine had been as cold as the
soup, the beef as rare as the service, the brandy as old as the fish, and
the maid as willing as the Duchess. - Winston Churchill

Old July 15th 04, 05:26 PM
Wes Groleau

news wrote:
I have talked to several friends and clients who didnt have the original
packaging(who does after 1 month) after the products went bad/defective.

I do. Anything high-value or fragile, I keep the original packing
long after warranty--in case I ever want to change addresses.

But I agree about Radio Shack in general. Not a great place to buy.

--
Wes Groleau
Can we afford to be relevant?
Old July 15th 04, 06:19 PM
Martin

"news" wrote in message
[...]

And maybe some day you will have a loft full of boxes with no use.

Old July 15th 04, 06:27 PM
mike

news wrote:
I have talked to several friends and clients who didnt have the original
packaging(who does after 1 month) after the products went bad/defective.
These incidents happened after 1 month or so ,and they flat out refused to
even grant a replacement or credit. These were computer components,
Notebook adaptors and stereo equipment. If you must buy from them,
Save the complete packaging in pristine condition for as long as the
warranty is in play.
If you dont, they will refuse you even an exchange. Keep this in mind
before you go there
and know that most larger retailers will promptly issue a credit at least
for defective products
not in original pristine packaging
CR

If it's an exchange, use the box from the replacement to return the old one.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
Compaq Aero floppy,ram,battery.

Old July 15th 04, 06:50 PM
Bob Day

"news" wrote in message
I have talked to several friends and clients who didnt have the original
packaging(who does after 1 month) after the products went bad/defective.
These incidents happened after 1 month or so ,and they flat out refused to
even grant a replacement or credit.

Take it up with them in small claims court.

-- Bob Day

Old July 15th 04, 08:45 PM
Rod Smith

In article ,
"news" wrote:

If you must buy from them,
Save the complete packaging in pristine condition for as long as the
warranty is in play.

This is probably good advice, but many packaged items these days require
repeated assault with a very large, sharp machete to remove from a
plastic shield that rivals steel in strength and durability.

Just this morning I installed a new ink cartridge in my Epson printer,
and I marveled how tough the packaging was -- absolutely impenetrable
without sharp tools!

--
Rod Smith
for e-mail rodsmith instantiated at mac.com will work
Old July 15th 04, 09:10 PM
Auric__

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:45:42 -0500, Rod Smith wrote:

In article ,
"news" wrote:

If you must buy from them,
Save the complete packaging in pristine condition for as long as the
warranty is in play.

This is probably good advice, but many packaged items these days require
repeated assault with a very large, sharp machete to remove from a
plastic shield that rivals steel in strength and durability.

Just this morning I installed a new ink cartridge in my Epson printer,
and I marveled how tough the packaging was -- absolutely impenetrable
without sharp tools!

They never mentioned that the packaging has to be in one piece.
--
auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
*****
Old July 16th 04, 03:05 AM
Jeff K

In article ,
"news" wrote:

I have talked to several friends and clients who didnt have the original
packaging(who does after 1 month) after the products went bad/defective.
These incidents happened after 1 month or so ,and they flat out refused to
even grant a replacement or credit. These were computer components,
Notebook adaptors and stereo equipment. If you must buy from them,
Save the complete packaging in pristine condition for as long as the
warranty is in play.
If you dont, they will refuse you even an exchange. Keep this in mind
before you go there
and know that most larger retailers will promptly issue a credit at least
for defective products
not in original pristine packaging
CR

I've had good luck with small doo-dads at RS. They recently stopped
asking for phone # etc...
I believe they are francises, so don't compare one with another. You may
have a good one in your town and a bad one somewhere else.

Jeff K
Old July 16th 04, 02:53 PM
JW

wrote in Message id:
:

This is probably good advice, but many packaged items these days require
repeated assault with a very large, sharp machete to remove from a
plastic shield that rivals steel in strength and durability.

Just this morning I installed a new ink cartridge in my Epson printer,
and I marveled how tough the packaging was -- absolutely impenetrable
without sharp tools!

Ahh yes. Packaging so sturdy that you have a 50% chance of destroying the
enclosed merchandise before getting the package open.
Ya just gotta love it!
Old July 16th 04, 03:00 PM
Cindy Murray

Wes Groleau wrote:

news wrote:

I have talked to several friends and clients who didnt have the original
packaging(who does after 1 month) after the products went bad/defective.

I do. Anything high-value or fragile, I keep the original packing
long after warranty--in case I ever want to change addresses.

But I agree about Radio Shack in general. Not a great place to buy.

I do, too. I have speakers that are 15 years old and we still have the
original packaging for them. Comes in very handy when we move, since we
usually trek long distances. Still have the boxes my computers came in,
too.