SP2

Old October 14th 04, 05:49 AM
Ron Reaugh

"Francesco" wrote in message
I liked XP as it came without most updates. Though... even with SP2 and I
run a LOT of programs. Its still working effectively, losing somewhat fps

in
games and sometimes weird error msg. But it could be Norton 2K5 alone:
saying it doest support repair option. I ran SP2 as soon as it was

released
here in Holland and testing it as one of the first. So far, all my

programs
run.

Just like the vast majority of folks that install SP2.

"Ron Reaugh" schreef in bericht

"Gojira" wrote in message news:vVN8d.1587

Now that's an intelligent comeback.It's obvious you're a Bill Gates

groupie.
The fact is success has made Microsoft lazy and greedy,they'd rather
concentrate on getting more money from their customers than on

producing
quality product. Is it just a coincidence that SP2 seems to cause
problems
with Symantec products,when MSN has a partnership with McAfee? As for

the
number of complaints,it might be even higher,if only people affected
could
get online to complain.But one of the major flaws of SP2 is apparently

that
it screws up your internet connection! Great security strategy,Bill,if
people can't go online,they won't get any viruses!

The true nature of these beasties always comes out.

Old October 14th 04, 05:54 AM
Ron Reaugh

"Willi & Sue" wrote in message
Ron Reaugh wrote:
My argument is already proven to be correct as the 100,000s of folks who
everyday install and use SP2 with no problems.

It seems that even YOU can't do that.

Nope, it turns out that SP2 installs just fine on my 875 chipset mobo as
Asus got the BIOS right.

Here's a quote from one of your former posts:

"The implication is that most all of us 865/875 chipset mobo owners (and I
assume that the issue is MUCH WIDER) have been running with all the CPU
bugs/addenda UNFIXED!"

Yep. The "bugs/addenda" refers to Intel and NOT MS stuff.

Get a clue.

Old October 19th 04, 08:00 PM
Gorm

Hahaha...
Flame wars... do they ever stop...
Anyways, my 10 cents...
I didn't install SP2, and not planning to unless i have a gun to my
head (i mean, MS products will stop functionning one day). The reason
being is that I don't like the software being installed on my
computer without my choosing to do so... SP2 other than number of
patches installes lots of other crap (Thanks for the link to the
features that SP2 has - i didn't feel like looking in myself... )
that I already have analoges to, that work better. I don't need any
of those...
[off]damn, i was thinking of myself as an IT professional or at least
being almost all the way to it... Amd I am just a wannabe... I
can't live like that anymore... went working in the museum...
[/off]