test of thermal pad on AMD

Old May 26th 04, 06:49 AM
kony

On Wed, 26 May 2004 01:45:02 -0400, Stacey wrote:

~misfit~ wrote:

Stacey wrote:

No it started when you posted the BS statement above.

It's the famous Trent two-step. Hope that the original comment is buried
too far down the thread for anyone to bother checking, then make a
completely erronous statement. One word: Weasel.

Did you check out the thread where he's explaining how on a modern network a
"server" is the machine that all the applications run on, the the "nodes"
are just dumb terminals so you want your fastest CPU on the server since
that's where the applications are all run! LOL

These recent threads have me thinking maybe Trent is overheating, needs
some AC.
Old May 28th 04, 12:57 AM
~misfit~

Stacey wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:

Stacey wrote:

No it started when you posted the BS statement above.

It's the famous Trent two-step. Hope that the original comment is
buried too far down the thread for anyone to bother checking, then
make a completely erronous statement. One word: Weasel.

Did you check out the thread where he's explaining how on a modern
network a "server" is the machine that all the applications run on,
the the "nodes" are just dumb terminals so you want your fastest CPU
on the server since that's where the applications are all run! LOL

I haven't read it. I try to avoid his posts, they make me upset, I don't
tolerate fools, especially when they are giving erronous advice to people
who may not know it's wrong.. It's only when he posts in a thread that I'm
interested in or where I think I can offer some useful advice that I see his
blather.
--
~misfit~

---

Old May 31st 04, 12:50 AM
rstlne

Such measures are applied in industrial installations (like in electricity
cabinets of large machines in a factory - where water sprinklers are not a
wise anti-flame option). In non electrical / non chemical environements
water sprinklers remotely and automaticly switched open (for EE guys, open
means there's a current of water) by a relay connected to the fire / heat
alarm. Im sure there are trip-switches that also disconnect elevators and
such when there's a building fire...

Seen a LOT of panels/Other for the Nuclear & PetroChem industry's (cant say
I ever seen any automated fire ext kit for a sole peice of electronics)..

In reality, If something is allowed to get hot enough to burn your house
through an electrical fault (dead short) then it means that the consumer
unit is not properly set up. Once a fire is started removing electricity
(for most things that we have) will not stop the fire. Normally IF there is
a fire you would combat the whole area and not just the specific fire point
of detection (speaking about automated fire systems here).

But I would need to wonder HOW his pc burning (probably have 5-10 fuses
before it gets to the power strip) will spread to other things in the house.

Metal (normally metal) cases generally dont burn well, nor does the things
inside of a case.

My suggestion, Get proper electrical wiring.

Old May 31st 04, 11:08 AM
Erez Volach

"rstlne" wrote in message
[...]

Electrical fault can also be an arc - which means there's an ongoing spark
and heat source. Generally speaking, most of electrical components are in
some way or another flame retraded (all PCBs have UL-94 V-0 marking),
electric outlets should be FR-HIPS or melamine, cables are (intrinsically)
flame retarded PVC etc...

But I would need to wonder HOW his pc burning (probably have 5-10 fuses
before it gets to the power strip) will spread to other things in the

house.

Metal (normally metal) cases generally dont burn well, nor does the things
inside of a case.

Aluminum burns like hell(fire) ;-) steel (or copper) doesn't. Think about
airplane burning - it's not just the fuel, it's the whole fuselage.

My suggestion, Get proper electrical wiring.

Agreed. And standard components (UL, CE, TUV marks)

Took off Heatsink and no thermal compound left any reason this would happen ? We Live For The One We Die For The One General 1 May 4th 04 03:19 AM
Thermal Paste Help archagon General 3 March 28th 04 05:55 AM
Thermal paste - General 12 November 15th 03 08:54 AM
Thermal pad or Thermal paste? Vin General 68 September 17th 03 05:38 AM
Hang on Memtest86 Test 4, What Next? Jared Warren General 0 July 11th 03 06:17 PM