Only Mono sound in AIW 9000 Pro

Old August 21st 04, 11:18 PM

Default Only Mono sound in AIW 9000 Pro

I am only getting mono sound in the TV Tuner. When I right click on the
screen, "stereo" is one of the options. But clicking on stereo does nothing.
When I right click again, it still shows mono. I've done an exhaustive
search on this and have found many people with the same problem, but no
solutions. I'm using Multimedia centre 9.1.

Old August 22nd 04, 04:15 AM
JD

Is the tv channel you are tuning to broadcasting in stereo? That's the only
thing I am able to suggest. Can you confirm if *anyone* is able to do
stereo or is the card really just mono?

news

Old August 22nd 04, 11:05 PM
Gunther Vent

I have the AIW 9000 pro and I am able to see "stereo" checked off on the
context menu. However, on my cable package I have a few mono channels and
when I check them, they show up as "mono." Also using Multimedia centre 9.1.
If you have a stereo TV maybe you can confirm your cable is broadcasting
stereo. Might be some soundcard driver issue, or something else, wish I
could offer more help.

Cheers, Mike

news