posts keep disapearing

Old July 31st 04, 05:40 PM
Sticks

Default posts keep disapearing

my posts keep disapearing, which is kinda off annoying, as i have probems i
want fixed

Old July 31st 04, 08:49 PM
patrickp

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:40:19 GMT, "Sticks"
wrote:

my posts keep disapearing, which is kinda off annoying, as i have probems i
want fixed

Unless your posts contain material which might get them deleted
(profanity, etc - although this isn't a moderated group), it's most
likely the news server you use. Different providers have vastly
different retention times (the length of time they keep posts
available on the server) and some do not appear to show all the posts
that have been contributed to particular ngs.

Are your posts showing and then disappearing or just not showing up at
all? If they don't show up at all, it _could_ also be a problem with
the email provider through which you send the posts. Most likely to
be your news provider, though.

Do you use Blueyonder as a news provider? Don't know about them, but
ntl, who are a similar cable company and whom I use, are pretty
flakey. If that's the case, I'd look for another news service.

patrickp

- take five to email me
Old July 31st 04, 11:36 PM
Wes Newell

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:40:19 +0000, Sticks wrote:

my posts keep disapearing, which is kinda off annoying, as i have probems i
want fixed

I counted 8 post from you in the last 2 weeks, so they're still on my
server. Perhaps you erased them locally.

Old August 1st 04, 12:35 AM
DL

wrote:

my posts keep disapearing, which is kinda off annoying, as i have probems i
want fixed

Did you killfile yourself?

Thyis is somewhat tongue in cheek but I do know a guy (not me) who did
this. Thus he could never see his own posts.

- -

DL

http://www.geocities.com/dicklong14_ca/fanclub.htm

Evidently your buddy Cedeño is a *******.

First of all, Cedeño is not my buddy.

::::::::::::::::

Halter Sucks!
Old August 1st 04, 10:21 AM
OCZ Guy

BW HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHA.

Killfile yourself, Wish KaBitchaMan did that

wrote:

my posts keep disapearing, which is kinda off annoying, as i have probems i
want fixed

Did you killfile yourself?

Thyis is somewhat tongue in cheek but I do know a guy (not me) who did
this. Thus he could never see his own posts.

- -

DL

http://www.geocities.com/dicklong14_ca/fanclub.htm

Evidently your buddy Cedeño is a *******.

First of all, Cedeño is not my buddy.

::::::::::::::::

Halter Sucks!

HELLO NURSE.
Old August 2nd 04, 12:23 PM
Sticks

im with blueyonder. there internet service is great. an when u fix all of
windows blunders and find a channel that isnt oversubscribed, its bloody
fast!!!! but the newsgroups are weird. oh well

Old August 2nd 04, 12:24 PM
Sticks

i can see my own posts, its just they disapear after sometime, is it maybe
cause im checking for new posts only??

Old August 2nd 04, 12:27 PM
Sticks

i just remembered what i posted about, i think i've given up on getting my
ram to run at 133. it just doesnt seem to do it, stupid abit k7 board. i can
handle the fsb only runnin at 133 but i would like the memory to run at what
it was designed for

BS Posts Jamie General 6 February 16th 05 11:59 PM
Merry Christmas - Matt - >>>DO NOT LISTEN TO LAPYAP POSTS<<< [email protected] Overclocking 0 December 26th 04 10:37 PM
Faked posts from "Wes Newell"? ~misfit~ Overclocking AMD Processors 14 November 26th 03 03:56 PM