DABS - Next course of action?

Old July 24th 03, 07:04 PM
Rob O'Connor

Default DABS - Next course of action?

I ordered a hard disk drive from DABS a while ago which never arrived.
The package was apparently signed for by someone I had never heard of,
so DABS offered a replacement or a refund, fair enough.

I opted for a replacement, which they sent to the wrong address. (I
have an old work address on their system and the CS rep must have
selected this when ordering the replacement).

The last email from DABS basically says, "sorry about that" and a load
of cut and paste about how to contact parcelforce...

Am I being unreasonable in thinking since DABS cocked up the
replacement, and since my contract is with DABS, that they should
bloody well sort it out?

They have stopped responding to emails now, so whats my next course of
action - small claims or a chargeback?

Old July 24th 03, 09:54 PM
Rob O'Connor

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:10:37 +0100, "Ant C" wrote:

They have stopped responding to emails now, so whats my next course of
action - small claims or a chargeback?

What did parcelforce say?. If you haven't contacted them yet, its probably
worth
doing.

I think I'll have to give it a go, but as I'm concerned parcelforce
did their job in delivering the package (eventually)... Its not their
fault that DABS gave them the incorrect address.

I get the feeling I'm going to end up chasing my tail on this one.
Old July 25th 03, 07:14 PM
lbockhed

"Rob O'Connor" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:10:37 +0100, "Ant C" wrote:

They have stopped responding to emails now, so whats my next course of
action - small claims or a chargeback?

What did parcelforce say?. If you haven't contacted them yet, its

probably
worth
doing.

I think I'll have to give it a go, but as I'm concerned parcelforce
did their job in delivering the package (eventually)... Its not their
fault that DABS gave them the incorrect address.

I get the feeling I'm going to end up chasing my tail on this one.

nah, charge back

Aopen 6800GT at Dabs... Spo Nvidia Videocards 3 October 2nd 04 11:40 AM
dvd burner.. which one? db General 8 June 27th 04 07:47 PM
Total FREE Live Adult online Cam action! Top Cams Webcams 0 June 6th 04 02:17 AM
MMC 9.0 "upgrade" Alan Olson Ati Videocards 18 April 27th 04 10:17 PM
Cant cancel order (How'd you guess it was dabs?) Paul Sharrock UK Computer Vendors 0 July 20th 03 07:21 PM