TFT dead pixel check ?

Old April 18th 05, 11:08 PM
Bleh

Default TFT dead pixel check ?

Do any firms still offer this before you buy ?
Old April 18th 05, 11:15 PM
Mike

"Bleh" wrote in message
Do any firms still offer this before you buy ?

aria. £14.99.

expensive imo

Old April 19th 05, 07:30 AM
Treeherder

Bleh wrote in
:

Do any firms still offer this before you buy ?

aria. £14.99.

bargain imo ;-)

--
treeherder.co.uk (marcus)

Any reference to trees or their herding is purely coincidental.
Old April 19th 05, 09:02 AM
Gama Chameleon

On 19 Apr 2005 06:30:06 GMT, Treeherder
wrote:

Bleh wrote in
:

Do any firms still offer this before you buy ?

aria. £14.99.

bargain imo ;-)

Yep.
For about 1/2 hour to 3/4 hr work what with unpacking and re-packing
too?
--
Gamma gamma gamma chameleon
You come and glow, you come and glow.
Old April 19th 05, 10:15 AM
Mike Redrobe

"Treeherder" wrote
Bleh wrote

Do any firms still offer this before you buy ?

aria. £14.99.

Old question .. what do they do with the ones that fail the pixel check?

a) Sell them cheaper as B-grade

b) Sell them to people who don't pay for the pixel check

--
Mike

Old April 19th 05, 10:27 AM
Niall Leonard

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:15:13 GMT, "Mike Redrobe"
wrote:

"Treeherder" wrote
Bleh wrote

Do any firms still offer this before you buy ?

aria. £14.99.

Old question .. what do they do with the ones that fail the pixel check?

a) Sell them cheaper as B-grade

b) Sell them to people who don't pay for the pixel check

They claim they send them back to the manufacturer.

nl
Old April 19th 05, 10:30 AM
Morgan

Old question .. what do they do with the ones that fail the pixel check?

a) Sell them cheaper as B-grade

b) Sell them to people who don't pay for the pixel check

This question was answered by Aria in one of the customer comments on their
website. The answer was that they return them to their supplier. I would
have thought that if a monitor has x dead pixel(s) and it is a class II TFT
then, regardless of peoples opinions on whether it should have any dead
pixels or not, it would have just been sold as long as it doesn't exceed
that tolerance. That thought, valid or not, would always make me wary of
buying a TFT from Aria without a dead pixel check.

If they do go back to the supplier what is the betting that they in turn
just sell them on...?

--
Regards

Morgan

Hard drive noise...
www.flyinglizard.freeserve.co.uk
Old April 19th 05, 10:34 AM
Jim Howes

Bleh wrote:
Do any firms still offer this before you buy ?

Refresh Computers in Purbrook, near Waterlooville in Hampshire will do
this. They can be found at www.refreshcomputers.com
Charges vary depending on the panel size.

I have not had any of their TFT's though, but I have boughts discs,
memory, lighting kits and cases from there. Living locally, I can't
vouch for their returns handling for mail order, as I just jump on the
No. 41 bus and the procedure seems to consist of 'This is Duff', "Ok,
have another one", 'Thanks'.
Old April 19th 05, 10:12 PM
Gaz

"Mike" wrote in message
. ..

"Bleh" wrote in message
Do any firms still offer this before you buy ?

aria. £14.99.

expensive imo

bought a tft from aria a few weeks ago, no check, one dead pixel I guess
they repack the ones that are checked and fail and pass them off to those
that dont pay.

Gaz

Old April 19th 05, 10:37 PM
Mike

"Gaz" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
. ..

"Bleh" wrote in message
Do any firms still offer this before you buy ?

aria. £14.99.

expensive imo

bought a tft from aria a few weeks ago, no check, one dead pixel I
guess they repack the ones that are checked and fail and pass them off to
those that dont pay.

Gaz

very likely imo.