Dead Pixel Guarantee

Old September 14th 04, 07:57 PM
Chris

Default Dead Pixel Guarantee

Hi,

Im looking to buy a 17" TFT but am concerned I will end up with one or more
dead pixels. Does anybody know of a manufacturer or retailer who offers a
"no dead pixel" guarantee?

I'm in the UK, so a UK retailer would be preferred.

Many thanks,

Chris

Old September 14th 04, 09:26 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Chris wrote:
Hi,

Im looking to buy a 17" TFT but am concerned I will end up with one
or more dead pixels. Does anybody know of a manufacturer or retailer
who offers a "no dead pixel" guarantee?

I'm in the UK, so a UK retailer would be preferred.

Many thanks,

Chris

There is more chance of Millwall winning the UEFA Cup than you finding an
LCD panel without at least one dead pixel.
lose his marbles?

Old September 14th 04, 09:34 PM
Hamman

There is more chance of Millwall winning the UEFA Cup than you finding an
LCD panel without at least one dead pixel.

My 15" LG screen has none, and at least 20 others i work with dont have any.

hamman

Old September 14th 04, 09:45 PM
YanquiDawg

I think the threshold for most LCD warranties is 8 deaders.

Old September 14th 04, 11:10 PM
DevilsPGD

In message "Miss
Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

Im looking to buy a 17" TFT but am concerned I will end up with one
or more dead pixels. Does anybody know of a manufacturer or retailer
who offers a "no dead pixel" guarantee?

I'm in the UK, so a UK retailer would be preferred.

Many thanks,

Chris

There is more chance of Millwall winning the UEFA Cup than you finding an
LCD panel without at least one dead pixel.

They must be winners tonight, because I've got three here (two laptops
and a desktop LCD). If the laptop I paid $4000 had any dead pixels, it
would have gone back.

If they wouldn't exchange it on the grounds of defective pixels, then I
wouldn't have been happy with my purchase and I'd have returned it
outright under the satisfaction guarantee and gone with another
manufacturer.

*shrugs*

I'm not sure why people accept defective products sold at full price,
but it seems people do.

--
There was a survey just recently that revealed the following results;

40% of women said they thought their ass was too big.
40% of women said they thought their ass was too little.
20% of women said they didn't care what their ass looked like, they were
going to stay married to him anyway.
Old September 15th 04, 01:09 AM
Chris Stolworthy

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi,

Im looking to buy a 17" TFT but am concerned I will end up with one or
more
dead pixels. Does anybody know of a manufacturer or retailer who offers a
"no dead pixel" guarantee?

I'm in the UK, so a UK retailer would be preferred.

Many thanks,

Chris

I am not sure about in the UK but here in the states, you can goto CompUSA
and get their TAP onetime replacement warranty on your monitro. That would
cover any physical damage as well as any dead pixels.

-Chris

Old September 15th 04, 01:42 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

DevilsPGD wrote:
In message "Miss
Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

[...]

Yes, but we mere mortals don't pay four grand for a monitor! Hell, I don't
even have that much in my chequing account!
lose his marbles?

Old September 15th 04, 02:55 AM
DevilsPGD

In message "Miss
Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

There is more chance of Millwall winning the UEFA Cup than you
finding an LCD panel without at least one dead pixel.

They must be winners tonight, because I've got three here (two laptops
and a desktop LCD). If the laptop I paid $4000 had any dead pixels,
it would have gone back.

If they wouldn't exchange it on the grounds of defective pixels, then
I wouldn't have been happy with my purchase and I'd have returned it
outright under the satisfaction guarantee and gone with another
manufacturer.

*shrugs*

I'm not sure why people accept defective products sold at full price,
but it seems people do.

Yes, but we mere mortals don't pay four grand for a monitor! Hell, I don't
even have that much in my chequing account!

That's for the whole laptop... LCD is 15.7" 1280x1024. I also have a
18" desktop (also at 1280x1024).

I spend 16-18 hours a day on my computers (desktop&laptop combined), so
I'm very willing to invest in the best for my eyes and ergonomics.

--
SCIENTISTS COMPARE APPLES AND ORANGES FOR VITAMIN CONTENT
"It's like comparing apples and oranges," says researcher