Athlon XP Barton Voltage question.

Old March 24th 04, 07:10 AM
Bill

Default Athlon XP Barton Voltage question.

I was just looking at my XP 2500+ barton CPU core voltage spec. on the
web and see that it's 1.65V. I just now notice that my AsRock K7VM4
MB's BIOS is reporting my CPU Vcore as 1.75 and Motherboard Monitor 5
reporting the same. Is there something wrong with the board or BIOS?
or is there two different voltage measuring standards?

Thanks All
Old March 24th 04, 04:07 PM
Satan's Little Sister

Thus spake Bill:

I was just looking at my XP 2500+ barton CPU core voltage spec. on the
web and see that it's 1.65V. I just now notice that my AsRock K7VM4
MB's BIOS is reporting my CPU Vcore as 1.75 and Motherboard Monitor 5
reporting the same. Is there something wrong with the board or BIOS?
or is there two different voltage measuring standards?

Asus (and their value brand, Asrock) regularly over-volts CPUs. That
way they can claim their boards are more stable than the competition.

The other common trick is to run the FSB a bit high than the BIOS
says, to look better in benchmarks.

--
sls
Old March 24th 04, 08:15 PM
Bill

By the way I forget to mention that I didn't raise the motherboard
Vcore voltage at all. just increased the CPU multipler running at 166
x 12.5
Old March 25th 04, 03:15 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

a 2500+ should be 11x, not 12.5.

NuTs

om...

Old March 25th 04, 03:28 PM
Les

which quite obviously means he is knowingly o/clocking via the multipliers

"just increased the CPU multipler running at 166 x 12.5"
^^^^^^^

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
a 2500+ should be 11x, not 12.5.

NuTs

om...

Old March 27th 04, 01:36 AM
jean cool

"Les" wrote in message ...
which quite obviously means he is knowingly o/clocking via the multipliers

"just increased the CPU multipler running at 166 x 12.5"
^^^^^^^

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
a 2500+ should be 11x, not 12.5.

NuTs

"Bill" wrote in message
om...
By the way I forget to mention that I didn't raise the motherboard
Vcore voltage at all. just increased the CPU multipler running at 166
x 12.5

I think you will find the official Vcore for the Barton core is 1.60 !
That's what hardware detection indicated on my ABIT kx7-333

Mine seems very stable at FSB 176 x12.5 (2.2GHz) using 1.65v and 3.65
for Vio. pc2700 DDR.

These settings have been tested heavily over 3 weeks .

Saturation testing with burnBX and burnP6 runs 54C with room at 14C.
Old March 27th 04, 08:10 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

how much memory, and who makes it? I cant get my KX7 to run with more than
1GB ( 2 x 512) ....

NuTs

"jean cool" wrote in message
om...
"Les" wrote in message

which quite obviously means he is knowingly o/clocking via the

multipliers

"just increased the CPU multipler running at 166 x 12.5"
^^^^^^^

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
a 2500+ should be 11x, not 12.5.

NuTs

om...

Old March 27th 04, 04:37 PM
Bill

I've only been able to do 172 x 12.5 since my K7VM4 BIOS only support
up to 3000+ Athlon and won't boot into WinXP beyond that speed. So I'm
thinking about switching to Asus A7N8X-X so I can run the CPU at FSB
200 x 11 and maybe more.
Would I have any problem running FSB200 and RAM at 333?