cold boot CPU temps

Old December 19th 03, 01:13 PM
Bruin

Default cold boot CPU temps

Cold room, cold boot, what are your CPU temps by checking ASAP in BIOS?
Also what is your FSB running at, CPU stock rated speed, current speed &
voltages.

Mine appear to be 49C & I am thinking (hoping) that it is incorrect. Maybe
the MB is not reading the temps a bit high. 2500+ running at 2166MHz
(13x166). Plan to raise the FSB to 200 but not until I install a better
HS. The temps at 56C during heavy load scare me.

Thanks in advance for this, I am just looking for a few responses to get an
idea what might be going on out there in the wild. =P

regards
Joe S.

Old December 19th 03, 07:04 PM
Flow

Around 30C on cold boot with xp2400.
Lol,when desktop shows it's already 40 and it runs between 42C and 50C full
load.
Your temp sounds oke though,a better hsf should cool better.
The heatsink should feel hot to the touch,if not it makes poor contact with
the die.

"Bruin" schreef in bericht

Old December 19th 03, 10:10 PM
Michael Brown

Bruin wrote:
Cold room, cold boot, what are your CPU temps by checking ASAP in
BIOS? Also what is your FSB running at, CPU stock rated speed,
current speed & voltages.

Mine appear to be 49C & I am thinking (hoping) that it is incorrect.
Maybe the MB is not reading the temps a bit high. 2500+ running at
2166MHz (13x166). Plan to raise the FSB to 200 but not until I
install a better HS. The temps at 56C during heavy load scare me.

Probably just reading the die sensor. It takes somewhere in the realm of 2-4
seconds for a CPU to get close to its unstresed operating temperature. This
would have almost certainly passed by the time you get into the BIOS. Also
56 under load is not bad for a die temperature. My CPUs operatate at either
45 or 55 deg C idle (depending which motherboard I have them in, both read
the die temperature), or possibly 85 deg C if you look at them under Linux.
Under load they're in the low 60's or low 50's (or low 90's according to
lmsensors in Linux). Of course, room temperature is pretty much 30 deg C
which isn't helping. As long as you're not having any stability problems,
the temperature is probably fine.

[...]

--
Michael Brown
www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more

Can't boot from CD Zotin Khuma General 6 November 16th 04 10:18 PM
Boot problem with Promise SATA Fasttrack S150TX2 Plus Wizard General 0 September 13th 04 06:54 PM
Printer partially ejects on cold boot *Vanguard* General 3 May 15th 04 11:50 PM
random restarts from cold boot jf General 2 October 10th 03 06:01 AM
Hard drive that boots elsewhere refuses to boot in this machine Simon O'Connor General 9 July 22nd 03 06:34 AM