Help with chosing a SAN!

Old March 22nd 08, 05:02 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Andy[_7_]

Default Help with chosing a SAN!

In article eb5a0448-bf3b-48e3-906d-
, says...

On 29 Nov, 14:01, "lkjlkjlkj"
wrote:
i'd recommend the EqualLogic as well. It also supports
thin provisioning (which you mentioned liking on the EMC).
Simple, great performance, reliable. We have both FC and
iSCSI, and we're phasing out the FC in favor of all iSCSI
going forward. We run SQL, Exchange, Oracle.

the FC people push the performance angle really hard,
especially with your databases... but until you get to
some very high loads, it's just not an issue.

Hey, do you do any kind of replication or DR on your Oracle database?
If so, would be interested in hearing how you do it?

Equallogic is looking more and more like our preferred choice..

take a look at
www.ami.com
it's American Magatrends, the BIOS people, with their Equallogic
competitive solutions which just means iSCSI w/ snapshot & replication
They have some Oracle specific features also & the prices are certainly
a lot less than Equallogic's

--
_____ . .

Old March 23rd 08, 08:34 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Cydrome Leader

wrote:
[...]

word on the street is equallogic's software is junk and the units crash
all the time.

Does anybodt know if this is still true?