The Monitor Inch Lie...

Old November 20th 11, 11:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Default The Monitor Inch Lie...

The point I am making is very simple:

Just because somebody says: my monitor is 24 inch and yours is only 23 inch,
then it doesn't necessarily mean that his 24 inch monitor actually has more
pixels.

Nothing can be said just based on the inches measurement.

So it's basically useless to categorize monitors in groups based on inches.

You wan't to see an example ? Fine here you go:

http://www.alternate.nl/html/categor...oren&l2 =LED&

Fortunately the website does also mention other things, like resolution and
such, otherwise it would be useless....

So it's on the brink of being useless ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Old November 20th 11, 11:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Ok, at least you agree, just grouping monitors based on inches makes little
sense, an example:

http://www.alternate.nl/html/categor...oren&l2 =LED&

^ That's a real world example and no bull****.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 20th 11, 11:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Also as the alternate.nl site shows.

The inch measurement is actually the main thing/scheme and not a little
thingy like you seem to think, again you do not understand reality.

It's probably related to americans measuring their dicks in inches and
believing more inches is bigger dick.

Well rest assured, in this thread I have already proven that more inches
diagonal doesn’t necessarily mean a bigger dick ! =D

That most feel somewhat reassuring for you !

www.alternate.nl

^ visit monitor section !

Bye,
Skybuck.

LOL.

Old November 20th 11, 12:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Norman Peelman[_2_]

On 11/19/2011 06:57 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
Further more my 0.00001 inch by 24 inch monitor could still be a
1920x1200 pixels.

It says nothing about the pixel aspect ratio.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Of course it certainly could be, but when you see this monitor on
display in a store what would tempt you to buy it?

--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062
Old November 20th 11, 01:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Norman Peelman[_2_]

On 11/20/2011 05:14 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
Ok, at least you agree, just grouping monitors based on inches makes
little sense, an example:

http://www.alternate.nl/html/categor...oren&l2 =LED&

^ That's a real world example and no bull****.

Bye,
Skybuck.

It matters most when you are looking for a monitor/tv that will fit
in a certain available space which has nothing to do with aspect ratios
or pixel counts (which don't mean much to the average consumer.)

But if you're interested in some good reading:

http://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/howmanydots/
http://askville.amazon.com/highest-r...estId=33416234
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4133755AAke5jR

Just beware that the odds of you being able to afford what you're
after are small.

Old November 20th 11, 05:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
GMAN[_13_]

In article et, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:

"GMAN" wrote in message

In article me.nl,
"Skybuck Flying" wrote:

"Frederick Williams" wrote in message

Skybuck Flying wrote:

[...]
less pixels than a 15 inch monitor.

[...]
more vertical lines, and less horizontal lines, saving on pixels on the
horizontal lines, so the ultimately reason is: less pixels to produce.

"
Fewer.

ICL used to make a monitor which one could align in landscape mode or
portrait mode according to what one was doing. For example, editing a
page of a document was best done in portrait mode.
"

Rotating the monitor does not increase pixel count.

My HP L2335 can rotate and I never use it, I know some people do use
portrait mode.

I still would like to have a square monitor with 2000x2000 pixels so I
don't
have to choose between landscape or portrait and can always use my monitor
for any task

Simply put: some more vertical screen space would be nice, though I shall
admit horizontal space is more important for now, perhaps because gui's
have
adepted to 16:10/16:9.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"
Seriousely Skybuck, it is not normal for a person to go on and on and on
about **** that doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things.
"

Gjez gman, get some respect for the little things, even your small little
wheener ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

You like looking at men?

Old November 21st 11, 01:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Rhaspun

On Nov 20, 12:07*am, (GMAN) wrote:
In article me.nl, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:

"Frederick Williams" *wrote in message

Skybuck Flying wrote:

[...]
[...]

No kidding. I look at the published screen size, at the physical
dimension and the specs. Must importantly I look at the monitor. If it
looks good then it's all good to go.
Old November 21st 11, 02:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I thought that after blowing up your dream PC, you were just going to give
up all this technology garbage and join an ashram or something.

Please don't tell me that the yogis got you a Usenet feed.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged

Old November 21st 11, 06:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

"GMAN" wrote in message

In article et, "Skybuck
Flying" wrote:

"GMAN" wrote in message

In article me.nl,
"Skybuck Flying" wrote:

"Frederick Williams" wrote in message

Skybuck Flying wrote:

[...]
[...]

You want me to look at you ? What's the matter, girls don't like looking at
your small little wheener ?

Bye,
Skybuck =D

27 inch 1440 monitor have you used one? Postman Delivers Gateway Computers 0 January 31st 11 08:30 PM
19 inch monitor William Dell Computers 2 October 10th 05 06:35 PM
Anyone got this monitor 19 inch A920 ??? We Live For The One We Die For The One Packard Bell Computers 1 January 26th 04 11:34 PM
Dabsvalue 9K+ 19 inch monitor Mark Lynn UK Computer Vendors 0 September 30th 03 11:27 AM
Q: Question: 20/21 inch monitor aee General 0 July 9th 03 05:28 PM