A7N8X-DLX VGA Bios Setting

Old July 19th 03, 02:24 AM
AJ

Default A7N8X-DLX VGA Bios Setting

This may be a dumb post since I'm not really having a problem, but I was
wondering about the "Primary VGA Bios" setting. I have had it on PCI even
though I have an NVIDIA gf4 ti4200, and had no problems. Recently I
switched it to AGP since it is an AGP card and haven't noticed a change.
Which setting should it be on? Is there any performance advantage or
otherwise from using one setting over the other?

Thanks

AJ

Old July 19th 03, 03:05 AM
R_Supp

There sometimes doesn`t seem to be a change but if you are going to do
something, do it right.

Old July 19th 03, 04:14 AM
Jason Knutson

This may be a dumb post since I'm not really having a problem, but I was
wondering about the "Primary VGA Bios" setting. I have had it on PCI even
though I have an NVIDIA gf4 ti4200, and had no problems. Recently I
switched it to AGP since it is an AGP card and haven't noticed a change.
Which setting should it be on? Is there any performance advantage or
otherwise from using one setting over the other?

It just selects which card initializes first. If you only have one card,
the setting doesn't matter.

Jason

Old July 19th 03, 07:46 AM
Gameł

AJ typed:

This may be a dumb post since I'm not really having a problem, but I was
wondering about the "Primary VGA Bios" setting. I have had it on PCI even
though I have an NVIDIA gf4 ti4200, and had no problems. Recently I
switched it to AGP since it is an AGP card and haven't noticed a change.
Which setting should it be on? Is there any performance advantage or
otherwise from using one setting over the other?

Thanks

AJ

Read everything you need to know about BIOS optimization he
http://www.rojakpot.com/
Don't mess with the settings, if you don't know what you're actually doing.
Read the guide for your personal knowledge.
Bye.

--
Preferirei essere chiamato genio di male...

Old July 20th 03, 11:37 PM
S.Heenan

AJ wrote:
This may be a dumb post since I'm not really having a problem, but I
was wondering about the "Primary VGA Bios" setting. I have had it on
PCI even though I have an NVIDIA gf4 ti4200, and had no problems.
Recently I switched it to AGP since it is an AGP card and haven't
noticed a change. Which setting should it be on? Is there any
performance advantage or otherwise from using one setting over the
other?

Thanks

AJ

If you have one video card, the setting doesn't matter. If you had one AGP
video card and one PCI video card, this BIOS setting would determine which
was initialized first. No performance gains either way.
--
"Heavens ta Murgatroid. Exit, stage left !"