Burn ISO finalised CD to DVD-R

Old February 16th 07, 03:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
M Jones

Default Burn ISO finalised CD to DVD-R

I have a DVD player that will play MP3 discs (ISO format) on a finalised
CD-R. I want to be able to burn some MP3's to disc and play them in my DVD
player and reuse the same discs over and over again to play new tracks (and
save on CDR's). However the player won't read CD-RW's.

The player can read the DVD-RW and DVD+RW discs I have. Would it be
possible to burn an appropriate readable ISO image onto one of my DVDRW's
and fool the player into thinking it has a legitimate ISO CDR?

I've burned MP3 tracks to a DVD ISO with no luck.

Thanks.

Old February 16th 07, 09:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(ezcd/tao/dao)

.. ----------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------

M Jones wrote:

I have a DVD player that will play MP3 discs (ISO format) on a finalised
CD-R. I want to be able to burn some MP3's to disc and play them in my DVD
player and reuse the same discs over and over again to play new tracks (and
save on CDR's). However the player won't read CD-RW's.

The player can read the DVD-RW and DVD+RW discs I have. Would it be
possible to burn an appropriate readable ISO image onto one of my DVDRW's
and fool the player into thinking it has a legitimate ISO CDR?

I've burned MP3 tracks to a DVD ISO with no luck.

When you say the player can read DVD_RW, what does it read? Why don't
you burn a few mp3's as data -- guess this is what you mean by ISO CDR
-- and see if the player plays them. If it doesn't pan out, you can
always erase the DVD_RW to be used again as fresh, blank disc. (BTW,
when you add a session, DVD_RW remain single session.)
'

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(ezcd/tao/dao)

To weasel out an Easy CD&DVD Cremator bug:

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 8/11/03

System Setup - WindowsXP - Easy CD & DVD Creator 6
I add 4GB+ data to a layout and

the ONLY option I have for burning is Track At Once.
Any ideas why DAO isn't available? === No DAO

snip cockamamie mumbo jumbo

I don't know where you would run into multi-GB data
files to raise the issue.

I have dealt with none that big ... === No See DAO
so have no suggestion to offer.
======================

But then to weasel out another supposed Easy CD&DVD Cremator bug:

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 6/30/04

I am trying to add data for backup purpose to DVD disc 4.7GB.

Any session added after session 1 is not viewable or
visible in explorer or shell.

My software is Easy Cd Creator 5 basic.

My experience with DVD-ROM is limited (and I've not used
ECDC for the job), but I have never seen an option to add
sessions to the format.

The ONLY supported DVD-ROM format
I have seen is DAO. === Only See DAO
======================
..

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
Mikey, you are The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB!
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
Old February 16th 07, 10:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Dan G

It's certainly possible, but your player has to support reading MP3 from a
DVD, which apparently it does not.
No, you cannot make a DVD look like a CD to the player, completely different
reading/writing format.

Old February 17th 07, 02:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
M Jones

Thanks for the response.

I don't think i'm going to have any luck reading MP3 from any sort of
rewritable DVD media with this player (i've tried various ways of burning
the discs). It says in the DVD player's manual that it is CDRW compatible
so I will try a different brand of CDRW media and see if I have any luck
with that.

. ..

Old February 18th 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Dave Cohen

M Jones wrote:
Thanks for the response.

I don't think i'm going to have any luck reading MP3 from any sort of
rewritable DVD media with this player (i've tried various ways of burning
the discs). It says in the DVD player's manual that it is CDRW compatible
so I will try a different brand of CDRW media and see if I have any luck
with that.

. ..

"M Jones" wrote in message
I have a DVD player that will play MP3 discs (ISO format) on a finalised
CD-R. I want to be able to burn some MP3's to disc and play them in my

DVD
player and reuse the same discs over and over again to play new tracks

(and
save on CDR's). However the player won't read CD-RW's.

The player can read the DVD-RW and DVD+RW discs I have. Would it be
possible to burn an appropriate readable ISO image onto one of my DVDRW's
and fool the player into thinking it has a legitimate ISO CDR?

I've burned MP3 tracks to a DVD ISO with no luck.

Thanks.

I've seen players for as little as $40. These should play anything these
days. My 2-3 year old GE does. Just tried a dvd-r with mp3 stuff. Can
fast forward and reverse play as well. Couldn't make out the hidden
message playing a beetle in reverse though, but my hearing probably
isn't what it used to be.
Dave Cohen
Old February 19th 07, 03:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike Richter

M Jones wrote:
I have a DVD player that will play MP3 discs (ISO format) on a finalised
CD-R. I want to be able to burn some MP3's to disc and play them in my DVD
player and reuse the same discs over and over again to play new tracks (and
save on CDR's). However the player won't read CD-RW's.

The player can read the DVD-RW and DVD+RW discs I have. Would it be
possible to burn an appropriate readable ISO image onto one of my DVDRW's
and fool the player into thinking it has a legitimate ISO CDR?

I've burned MP3 tracks to a DVD ISO with no luck.

Thanks.

For a number of reasons, the odds are very much against being able to
burn a CD image of any sort to DVD. For one thing, the image places data
where they had been on the original, but the coordinates don't work on a
DVD.

Still, isn't it easier to try it than to ask here?

Your result with burning to DVD-ROM is unique in my experience. I've
half a dozen standalone DVD recorders and players, all with MP3
capability for both CD-ROM and DVD-ROM. If you've tried repeatedly
without success, it may be easier to replace the player.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/
Old February 19th 07, 08:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

.. ----------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
-----------------------------------

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

For a number of reasons, the odds are very much against being able to
burn a CD image of any sort to DVD.

Properly made iso images -- not the ones made by Easy CD Cremator -- can
be burned just fine on DVD.

Mikey, when you don't know **** from Shinola, STFU!

For one thing, the image places data
where they had been on the original, but the coordinates don't work on a
DVD.

Is it now "coordinates"?

================================
From: smh
Date: 1/14/05

Mike Richter (Slimy Lying Friggin SOB) spewed:

Since each ISO contains positional information,
notably for the TOC;

Would you spit out exactly what you mean by the "positional" info?
Don't you even know that an .iso is a plain image of *data* sectors?
So where in the *data* sectors is the "positional" information
- for the TOC - Slimy Friggin SOB?
==================================
'

Old February 19th 07, 08:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

.. ----------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

snip crap

Expert on ISO image, Mikey?

From: consetti
Date: 1/12/05
Subject: Verify ISO burn

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) spewed:

If Record Now can re-create the original from which the ISO was
made to test against the burned disc; and can do that without
expanding the ISO or remaking one to check byte-for-byte against
the one the OP started with, it is working some magic.

Now wait a minute. Isn't an ISO file simply a disc image? It's
written to the disc sector at a time, so one should be able to read
the disc back sector at a time and compare against the original ISO
file. I don't see any black magic required.

-------------------------------
Old February 19th 07, 06:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (dvd-mp3)

.. ----------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
-----------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB)
Date: 2/14/05
Subject: Can I record MP3s onto a DVD?

Yes, I expect I can record a zillion mp3s onto a DVD+RW.
The real question is will they play in my DVD/MP3 player.

Almost certainly, they will not.

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 2/14/05

I have five set-top DVD players with MP3 capabiity;
none will recognize a DVD-ROM.
======================

-------------------------------
Old March 5th 07, 08:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
M Jones

Just to say I tried different media and I found it works. I was using 6-7
year old X4 CDRW media and I switched to brand new disks.

The dye on these new disks are a slightly different colour. That is all I
think it could have been.

"M Jones" wrote in message
Thanks for the response.

I don't think i'm going to have any luck reading MP3 from any sort of
rewritable DVD media with this player (i've tried various ways of burning
the discs). It says in the DVD player's manual that it is CDRW compatible
so I will try a different brand of CDRW media and see if I have any luck
with that.

. ..