US $240 for a K6 ? are they for real?

Old January 5th 07, 01:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
[email protected]

Default US $240 for a K6 ? are they for real?

I saw on ebay somebody selling some K6 CPUs.
One caught my eye due to the price: US 239.99 !
It is a K6-3+ 550 MHz
Were these very rare or what?
The going price for a slower K6-3 or K6-2+ seems
to be $20.

Old January 7th 07, 04:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
[email protected]

quoting:
I saw on ebay somebody selling some K6 CPUs.
One caught my eye due to the price: US 239.99 !
It is a K6-3+ 550 MHz
Were these very rare or what?
The going price for a slower K6-3 or K6-2+ seems
to be $20.

The k6-3+ @ 550mhz is a rare chip. ...Or that particular Ebayer is a
scam.

The k6-3+ series are very overclockable. It is much cheaper to oc a
450 to 550.

Old February 22nd 07, 02:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
RICHARD

I had a few of those, they all ran reliable at 600 but were labeled K6-3+
450. I have a dead one that I put to much v too when swapping with a K6-2
450. I sold a sys to local ace store 5 years ago, its still running at 500
mhz. He would probably sell it in someone wants it.
quoting:
I saw on ebay somebody selling some K6 CPUs.
One caught my eye due to the price: US 239.99 !
It is a K6-3+ 550 MHz
Were these very rare or what?
The going price for a slower K6-3 or K6-2+ seems
to be $20.

The k6-3+ @ 550mhz is a rare chip. ...Or that particular Ebayer is a
scam.

The k6-3+ series are very overclockable. It is much cheaper to oc a
450 to 550.

I did a little searching and it seems that 450 MHz was the fastest
official retail version.
Some 475 and 500 MHz samples were given to major manufacturers. So if
the 550
is genuine, not many people would have one?