Monochrome Laser Printer... Which one?

Old January 1st 05, 06:35 PM
John Doe

Default Monochrome Laser Printer... Which one?

Hello,

Well, My HP LaserJet 6MP finally croaked, the back roller that feeds the
paper out the back slot of bends it up for the top output tray melted and
made a really big mess inside the printer (have no idea how or why) so I am
looking for a new laser printer.

What I want is monochrome (color is just too expensive for the toner). 1200
dpi would be great, duplex printing would be awesome. I have normally went
with HP but most of their current printers seem to be about a year old and
don't seem to offer true 1200 dpi printing.

The 1012 looked good until I figured out the cost per page and learned that
it doesn't have a fan and could and will overheat with long print jobs. So I
am kind of shying away from it.

I would like to stay in the $500 price range. I am also not sure I like the
idea of a multi-piece toner/drum system.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

--