HP Repair Kit - How long does it last?

Old November 18th 03, 06:42 PM
Herbert Grünzig

Default HP Repair Kit - How long does it last?

Hi, does anyone have experience on how long the Repair Kits from HP (the
ones for the defect paper feeds) will last? It seems that this simple piece
of plastic will not last more than some weeks.

Thanks for your help,

Herbert

Old November 18th 03, 07:11 PM
Photo1v01

Mine lasted about 2 months.
Now it is a one sheet feeder fax printer.

Old November 18th 03, 07:25 PM
Si

"Photo1v01" wrote in message
Mine lasted about 2 months.
Now it is a one sheet feeder fax printer.

"Herbert Grünzig" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone have experience on how long the Repair Kits from HP (the
ones for the defect paper feeds) will last? It seems that this simple

piece
of plastic will not last more than some weeks.

Thanks for your help,

Herbert

Which printer or printer range does this refer to, the inkjets or lasers?

Simon.

Old November 19th 03, 08:30 AM
Anthony Campbell

On 2003-11-18, Photo1v01 wrote:
Mine lasted about 2 months.
Now it is a one sheet feeder fax printer.

"Herbert Grünzig" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone have experience on how long the Repair Kits from HP (the
ones for the defect paper feeds) will last? It seems that this simple

piece
of plastic will not last more than some weeks.

Thanks for your help,

Herbert

Still working here after 3-4 months, on a printer that is used daily
although not particularly heavily. I've got several spares in case it
does break.

AC

--
Using Linux GNU/Debian - Windows-free zone
http://www.acampbell.org.uk (book reviews and articles)
Old November 19th 03, 03:42 PM
Si

On 2003-11-18, Photo1v01 wrote:
Mine lasted about 2 months.
Now it is a one sheet feeder fax printer.

"Herbert Grünzig" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone have experience on how long the Repair Kits from HP

(the
ones for the defect paper feeds) will last? It seems that this simple

piece
of plastic will not last more than some weeks.

Thanks for your help,

Herbert

Still working here after 3-4 months, on a printer that is used daily
although not particularly heavily. I've got several spares in case it
does break.

AC

Sorry, asked this before, but must have missed the answer...which models
does this refer to?

Si.

Old November 20th 03, 02:41 AM
Dewaine Chan

He is probably referring to the LJ 5L, 6L, 3100, 3150, 1100 series. Have seen
enough of them got pulled through and got stuck at the Fuser so I just replace
the Separation Pads nowaday.

D.

Old November 20th 03, 03:15 PM
Larry

My 6L jammed from the day it was new (purchased around 1998). About a year
or so ago I installed the update kit from fixyourownprinter.com. It still
skews some but it no longer jams or feeds 900 sheets of paper at once.

This printer is still on it's first toner cartridge, about to have it's
second installed. It's been such a pain I rarely use it.

When the current kit stops working, it's going in the trash. It's not worth
tearing apart any more to me. I'll get a $99 Samsung to replace it.

-Larry