AIW 8500dv driver update

Old October 18th 03, 09:36 PM
Gordon Scott

Default AIW 8500dv driver update

snowball wrote:

I have driver ver. 6.13 10.6200 and MMC ver. 7.7.0.1. from ATI. A few months
ago, i purchased the MMC ver. 8.1 from them, but clear direction for
updating is difficult to find. What is the best driver version for my card,
and what process and order should I follow to install and update the MMC and
best driver version for the card? Thanks for any assistance.

well you could have told us what OS your using.

I have the 8500dv, on xp pro, and 98se.

Best for me may not be best for you, every system is different.

As far as driver install order, there is enuff documentation on ATI's
website and when you install the drivers telling you the do's and donts.
Your comments that you cant find any info is absolute blindness.

Myself I install the graphics drivers right over the previous ones, but
you have to uninstall MMC before upgrading MMC.

whats best, dunno, depends what you do etc, I game and do DV editing and
captures off tv etc.
I'm running the 3.8's no problem, with MMC 8.5

You might like the omega drivers too.

Gordon
Old October 18th 03, 11:47 PM
snowball

My operating system is xpsp1. Is it absolute blindness when i uninstall
drivers only to have xp reinstall them.?This is the safety function in xp,
but there is no information about this at the site, and from what I gether,
it is a comon problem.Also the site suggests you remove drivers, and you
tell me to install over drivers. Thanks.