New XP2200+ and A7V8X rev 1.04

Old June 22nd 03, 04:49 PM
Trep

Default New XP2200+ and A7V8X rev 1.04

XP2200+ Tbred
AXDA2200DUV3C 919657270056
AIUCB 0243MPMW

Well just from what i see here you have a XP2200 "B", this is the first one
of these that i have seen.All of the others have been "A" cores. From
looking at that it would appear to be rated up to a XP2700 on default
voltages , was made the 43 week of 2002 and it is a nice low batch number

As far as your Asus board goes it will unlock this chip ,i.e. FSB and Multi
..

You may want to go to www.nforcershq.com and look throu the Asus Forum and
download one of the Modded BIOS for this board , i think if i recall right
there is a UBER 1005 BIOS out for these boards now.

Good luck with this chip , i think you are gonna have a blast with it , i
have a Rev 2 board and a XP2100 , i have it at 13x 166 on the default
voltages and have had it up to 202 x 10 for ****s and giggles ( on default
voltages) . I only have my factory heatsink on it currently as i have my
case all ripped apart gettin the water kit all set up for it , then we will
see how high this will really go

Old June 22nd 03, 05:05 PM
Fig

Thanks for the reply Robert

Fig

"Robert Sligh" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:40:28 GMT, "Fig" wrote:

Hi peoples,

I have recently bought a new XP2200 Tbred for my existing m/b.
Does my m/b support multiplier adjustments as im pretty sure this new cpu

is
unlocked(L1's are uncut) ?
At present im running a Palamino XP2000 with water cooling and the cpu is
locked(L1's are cut)
I know that in the bios i can not adjust the multiplier, only the fsb but

am not interested in adjusting the fsb as past experience has proven

thats a
volatile area, but a can use the fsb for fine tuning only.

My setup is :

A7V8X rev 1.04 std bios(unflashed)
XP2200+ Tbred
AXDA2200DUV3C 919657270056
AIUCB 0243MPMW

Is this cpu a good o/clocker on this m/b ?

thanks in advance

Fig

Your processor is a good one for overclocking
http://www.overclockers.com/tips00173/