Help Please !! What Is The Real Speed Of My P4

Old December 17th 03, 01:49 AM
tas38

Default Help Please !! What Is The Real Speed Of My P4

Hi Everyone !!

I Don't Under Stand What Speed My P4 celeron 2.0 GHz w/ 512 mb 700/800
RAMBUS is going, I know it is loked @ 20X on the chip. I set it at FBS
4X Muit-plyer and 100 MHz, I tried bumping up the 100 MHz to 133 MHz but
I dont think the M/O lets it work on it ( It Must Not Support It ).

Now with a defualt of 600 MHz, Showing up at first with a 3X multi-plyer
it showed 600 MHz at boot up. When I changed it to 4X it showed 800 MHz,
Runs great like it is. But I need to know, how fast is it really going
but don't under stand if it's really going 800 Mhz or not. And if it is,
what is the CPU speed at.

My setup is, retail P4 2.0 celeron and 512 mb od 700/800 Rambus Ram 4x
128 mbs. A Aopen AX4T 11 M/B, 500 watt power supply runing win98se on a
new built system.

Sandra says 2.00 GHz speed 1.99 GHz, with a PR 2191 pro rating.

Thanks !! tas38

Old December 17th 03, 06:24 PM
Anton Gysen

tas38 wrote:
[...]

Try this nie little piece of softwa

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Very useful, even tells you what make your RAM is.

Happy to help,
Anton

Old December 18th 03, 06:12 AM
katt33

Anton Gysen wrote:

tas38 wrote:

[...]

It is a nice program, I just ran it on my system to see what it would
say about this ram,
one of the sticks of ram I have in this system used to be in my moms
old system, an HP Computer : It's marked with hp on it, but it comes up
as Samsung.
This system is a athlon slot a 850, my other system is a P4 2.6
running 3.25 GHz.
Using sisoftware Sandra, my bench marks slightly beat that of some true
P4 3.2 GHz systems.
For AMD, the only system that beats me, is a Athlon 64 Fx
The price is so high though, I think I'd rather have the system I have.
Sorry, I went off sub just a little.
This software is good for benchmarks, and even has a compare chart.
http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/sandradl_e.html
This link brings to a place you can download Sandra.
Have a Good day..
Katt

Old December 18th 03, 10:34 PM
HamMan

It is a nice program, I just ran it on my system to see what it would
say about this ram,
one of the sticks of ram I have in this system used to be in my moms
old system, an HP Computer : It's marked with hp on it, but it comes up
as Samsung.

samsung make 2/3's of the memory semi-conductors in all computers.

Old December 18th 03, 11:50 PM
tas38

HamMan wrote:
It is a nice program, I just ran it on my system to see what it would
say about this ram,
one of the sticks of ram I have in this system used to be in my moms
old system, an HP Computer : It's marked with hp on it, but it comes up
as Samsung.

samsung make 2/3's of the memory semi-conductors in all computers.

My system has samsung rambus to, the software is pretty nice. But it
tells me the same thing if I set it to, 3X or 4X front bus speed.

How to speed up my CPU? MC General 11 December 12th 04 09:11 PM
AthlonXP 2000 on MSI KT4AV with (VIA KT400A) chipset Mainboard has Speed ÎÔ»¢²ØÁúCrouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Overclocking AMD Processors 18 May 6th 04 12:14 AM
AthlonXP 2000 on MSI KT4AV with (VIA KT400A) chipset Mainboard has Speed Complexity LongBow Overclocking AMD Processors 7 May 2nd 04 12:23 AM
HDDs and real speed of the computer Charles General 9 February 3rd 04 06:48 AM
What real speed does an Xp 2600, 266mhz cpu run at ?? We Live For The One We Die For The One Overclocking 1 September 24th 03 02:49 AM