LPR vs TCP/JetDirect

Old June 18th 05, 05:34 PM
Ray

Default LPR vs TCP/JetDirect

I have a HP 3015 all-in-one printer. Can someone advise me which protocol
is the best performance in terms of quality and speed between LPR and
TCP/JetDirect.

Thanks,

Ray

Old June 18th 05, 09:27 PM
DaveG

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:34:31 +0800, Ray wrote:

I have a HP 3015 all-in-one printer. Can someone advise me which protocol
is the best performance in terms of quality and speed between LPR and
TCP/JetDirect.

Doesn't matter. The computer will generate data at much higher rates
than the printer can take it anyway. That's why you have a print spooler.

--
Dave
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder