11 x 17 monochrome laser printer $1000?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 2nd 07, 05:35 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Hamilton

Default 11 x 17 monochrome laser printer $1000?

I promised to help out an architect friend who works by herself. She
prints out 11 x 17 floor plans and the like on an inkjet printer, but
she would like something faster, meaning a laser printer. She doesn't
need color and her budget is $1000.

Does this printer exist? I found a Canon color laser printer for US $
995, but it looks too bulky to fit into her tiny office. There are
some HP 11 x 17 printers, but they seem to be at least $1500 new, and
a lot more from a reputable dealer.

I know that you can pick up one of the HP printers for say $1000,
used, but I'm pretty sure she won't go for the idea of a used printer.
And honestly, I am not keen on the idea myself.

Any suggestions? If it matters, she is located in New York City, and
would prefer to buy from a local dealer rather than a web store.

Andy