Nooby - Slow running AMD 3800+, not OC problem.

Old February 11th 07, 06:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

Default Nooby - Slow running AMD 3800+, not OC problem.

I am a noob! But I bought all these parts and I put them together and
things aren't running as fast as I thought they would, please help?

Here's what I got

AMD 64 - Single Core 3800+ Socket 939.
MSI- k8n-neo-4f Motherboard
2GB(4x512MB)PC3200 RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7900GT(Just pulled latest drivers).
using Mobo Sound
Generic DVD Player

....The game I play most is Guild Wars, i can run it at 1280x1024 with all
the specs turned up at about 15-30FPS. 3dMark06 at 1280x1024 runs the first
two tests at 15-20fps, but won't even do 5 FPS on the 3rd test. I'm trying
to find my old key so i can use the Full version options in 3dmark06. what
do you guys think?

PS, I also posted this in alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

Thanks for all your help.

Old February 11th 07, 03:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 20:58:30 -0900, j wrote:

I am a noob! But I bought all these parts and I put them together and
things aren't running as fast as I thought they would, please help?

Here's what I got

AMD 64 - Single Core 3800+ Socket 939.
MSI- k8n-neo-4f Motherboard
2GB(4x512MB)PC3200 RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7900GT(Just pulled latest drivers).
using Mobo Sound
Generic DVD Player

...The game I play most is Guild Wars, i can run it at 1280x1024 with all
the specs turned up at about 15-30FPS. 3dMark06 at 1280x1024 runs the first
two tests at 15-20fps, but won't even do 5 FPS on the 3rd test. I'm trying
to find my old key so i can use the Full version options in 3dmark06. what
do you guys think?

Do you have CnQ enabled? Set for what? Run a diagnostic program and see
what speed the cpu is running at. It may be only running half speed or
less.

Old February 11th 07, 06:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
[...]

If you mean Cool and Quiet, then yes I have tried both Enabled and
Disabled...No difference. I did as you suggested and ran a free diagnostic,
something called Adia32 which was highly recommended by my friends over at
the AMD forums. The Adia32 program says my CPU is running at 2.4ghz, which
is normal, BUT!- The Ram is running about half of what a normal DDR400
Dual Channel board reports, Writing is at 1400MBs, read at 500Mbs...what
could cause this? Am i reading this wrong?

Old February 11th 07, 08:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 08:30:58 -0900, j wrote:

If you mean Cool and Quiet, then yes I have tried both Enabled and
Disabled...No difference. I did as you suggested and ran a free diagnostic,
something called Adia32 which was highly recommended by my friends over at
the AMD forums. The Adia32 program says my CPU is running at 2.4ghz, which
is normal, BUT!- The Ram is running about half of what a normal DDR400
Dual Channel board reports, Writing is at 1400MBs, read at 500Mbs...what
could cause this? Am i reading this wrong?

DDR400 (PC3200) ram runs at 200MHz. All the BS about 400MHz is just that,
marketing BS.

Old February 11th 07, 10:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 08:30:58 -0900, j wrote:

If you mean Cool and Quiet, then yes I have tried both Enabled and
Disabled...No difference. I did as you suggested and ran a free
diagnostic,
something called Adia32 which was highly recommended by my friends over
at
the AMD forums. The Adia32 program says my CPU is running at 2.4ghz,
which
is normal, BUT!- The Ram is running about half of what a normal DDR400
Dual Channel board reports, Writing is at 1400MBs, read at 500Mbs...what
could cause this? Am i reading this wrong?

DDR400 (PC3200) ram runs at 200MHz. All the BS about 400MHz is just that,
marketing BS.

okay I pulled all the memory to put in my friends tester and one dimm is
coming up at CL2...all the other three at CL3...i think i've been had.

Old March 30th 07, 01:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
[email protected]

Wes Newell wrote:
[...]

-- i have the same proplem exactly i dont know what to do plz send me on

if u know what to do

i have THE SAME HARDWARE

Old April 1st 07, 08:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
SpamBox

wrote in message
ups.com...

Wes Newell wrote:
[...]

Tryn running a program like CPU-Z
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php or Central
Brain Identifier http://cbid.amdclub.ru/files/cbid82b.zip and checking the
various settings. In particular look at CPU clock speed and memory timings.
For example, if I set me mobos (Asrock 939 Dual Sata) memory timings to
default (auto for everything) the memory speed drops and the timings are not
at optimum. By checking the memory manufacturers data you should be able to
tune the settings to their optimum.

Hope this helps.

Glennbo