Where did everyone go?

Old August 27th 05, 10:35 PM
Joan F \(MI\)

I did need support a couple of months ago as I took a key off the keyboard
of my laptop and couldn't get it back on, but I did it through email and
they sent me a new keyboard right away. I really prefer email
communications as they are written so you have a record of it and you don't
have to worry about writing down any detailed instructions. Of course, if
you have only one computer and your problem is a disabling one, then you
have no choice but the phone.

In ,
Scott stated

Old August 28th 05, 07:00 AM
Scott

Ben,

I sympathize. In calling a bank credit card customer support line recently,
my only option was to talk to someone in India. My wife and I were both on
the line. While the rep spoke very clear and understandable English, her
interpretation and her response to our question made no sense whatsoever.
We were just scratching our heads wondering how her plain English had no
meaning whatsoeve So, I called back and got another (more senior rep) who not
only understood our question, but her explanation of the solution made sense
to us. By then, I was yearning for an American customer service rep...who could
have responded to our cquestion and given us a precise explanation in 30-seconds
flat.

One tip I've heard is to tell your Sanskrit-enabled customer service person that
you only speak Spanish and they will immediately switch you to an English/Spanish
speaking rep somewhere in Canada. Apparently, no one in India has ever studied
Spanish

Scott

Ben Myers wrote:

C'mon! You never studied Sanskit??? We speak both American and king's English
here. Flawlessly... Ben Myers

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:31:52 -0500, Scott wrote:

Joan,

All six of my Gateways continue to run fine, including my first one,
a P5-90 purchased in 1994 and running Win95a. My last three Gateways,
a 700X desktop (3 yrs old) and 400SP notebook (2 years old) and an
M320S notebook (2 months old) have never required a call to tech
support...which is just as well, since I don't speak Hindu

Scott

"Joan F (MI)" wrote:

Both of mine are working fine.

In ,
Lee stated

Old August 29th 05, 03:43 PM
Ben Myers

I'll tell them I only speak Italian, learned from some years there.

I, too, have had less than positive responses from Dell's tech support in India,
either via voice or email... Ben Myers

Old August 31st 05, 04:37 AM
Kevin Childers

I am thinking you are a very unknowledgeable person. It is Hindi, you red
neck hillbilly.

lol

Old August 31st 05, 05:09 AM
Scott

Kevin,

Okay. I don't spead Hindi either

Scott

Old September 1st 05, 05:54 AM
Ed

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:09:38 -0500, Scott wrote:

Okay. I don't spead Hindi either

Don't give it a second thought Scott.....

Two or more "Hindu" are "Hindi" just between us true blue American
"Rednecks". Better being a Redneck hillbilly (of which two or more
would be Redneck Billi) than a faggot asshole Yankee of which two or
more are faggot assi Yanki's...... I don't speak-un-ze Hindu either
for one much less Hindi for two, but I do speak a little Hindtri for
three and I will not be reconstructed.
Old September 1st 05, 06:42 PM
Kevin Childers

"Ed" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:09:38 -0500, Scott wrote:

Okay. I don't spead Hindi either

Don't give it a second thought Scott.....

Two or more "Hindu" are "Hindi" just between us true blue American
"Rednecks". Better being a Redneck hillbilly (of which two or more
would be Redneck Billi) than a faggot asshole Yankee of which two or
more are faggot assi Yanki's...... I don't speak-un-ze Hindu either
for one much less Hindi for two, but I do speak a little Hindtri for
three and I will not be reconstructed.

Not even galvanized....

Old September 2nd 05, 03:08 AM
Ed

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 00:12:51 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
(Ben Myers) wrote:

Not too bigoted? ... Ben Myers

I agree with you Ben. People that use the term "Redneck hillbilly"
aren't "too bigoted" are they?

Just for those that this whole thing zoomed right over your head.....
there was a reply to "Redneck Hillbilly" by returning a likewise
bigoted term of "faggot asshole Yankee". For those that have issues
with only one and not the other... well..... then there is a term for
that also....

Regards,
Ed
Old September 5th 05, 12:51 AM
John Hale

That IS sad, because this newsgroup helped me greatly through the years
with an ole' P5-120, and more recently with an eMachine that shipped
with a defective CD-ROM/DVD. If everyone has to go to the lengths I had
to before they would ship me a replacement drive (3 different sessions,
including one where I had to totally reimage my hard drive), I can
understand why no one is buying Gateway anymore and thus there's no one
left to participate in this newsgroup. It's good Ed Neth and Ben Myers
keep hanging in there to help. If is there a Dell usenet group, it would
be interesting to compare its activity to this one.

Joan F (MI) wrote:
Which is very sad, most of what I know about computers I learned on Usenet.

In ,
ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) ben_myers_spam_me_not @
charter.net (Ben Myers) stated