Where did everyone go?

Old August 26th 05, 12:20 AM
Lee

Default Where did everyone go?

Gee it looks so empty here, you would never even know there were gateway
users. Could it be there are so little problems with a Gateway product
there is nothing to complain about or fix?

Lee

Old August 26th 05, 02:19 AM
Joan F \(MI\)

Both of mine are working fine.

In ,
Lee stated

Old August 26th 05, 04:25 AM
Ed

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:20:00 -0400, Lee
wrote:

Could it be there are so little problems with a Gateway product
there is nothing to complain about or fix?

It's more like it's so hard getting Rahual from India over here to fix
them since he doesn't understand Taiwanese builder instructions much
less English and Gateway (AKA EMachine) doesn't know anything about
computers. All they are is a computer sales and marketing firm that
paints their name on cheap crap from Taiwan along with their ilk from
HP, Compaq, Dell, etc.....
Old August 26th 05, 04:34 AM
Ed

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:48:38 -0700, "A & L"
wrote:

Is gateway still in business? he he

They died when they sold out to India support and assembly in Taiwan
and China. Death came around 1999 -2000. Someone tried to revive
them by an injection of EMachine but the damage was done and EMachine
is definitely no cure for anything much less to be considered as a
computer. But never fear, their sales and marketing department is
alive and well out there tricking the unsuspecting and/or unknowing
into believing that they are an American Computer Company, that
actually builds and support computers right here in the good ole US of
A.

This ain't your Father's Gateway Company!
Old August 26th 05, 05:20 AM
Mortimer

Lee wrote:
Gee it looks so empty here, you would never even know there were gateway
users. Could it be there are so little problems with a Gateway product
there is nothing to complain about or fix?

Lee

Since Gateway slipped into the generic box market, perhaps the answers
to their problems are equally generic and they seek them elsewhere.
That, and the falling number of service providers who give free access
to the usenet.

Mort

Old August 26th 05, 11:16 PM
Joan F \(MI\)

Which is very sad, most of what I know about computers I learned on Usenet.

In ,
ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) ben_myers_spam_me_not @
charter.net (Ben Myers) stated

Old August 27th 05, 05:31 AM
Scott

Joan,

All six of my Gateways continue to run fine, including my first one,
a P5-90 purchased in 1994 and running Win95a. My last three Gateways,
a 700X desktop (3 yrs old) and 400SP notebook (2 years old) and an
M320S notebook (2 months old) have never required a call to tech
support...which is just as well, since I don't speak Hindu

Scott

Old August 27th 05, 12:32 PM
Ben Myers

C'mon! You never studied Sanskit??? We speak both American and king's English
here. Flawlessly... Ben Myers