A7N8X Deluxe: Poor benchmarking with 3DMark03, SE; I need help!

Old July 14th 03, 03:33 PM
nieuws.quicknet.nl

Default A7N8X Deluxe: Poor benchmarking with 3DMark03, SE; I need help!

hi,

Same problem here, A7N8X, 2600+, 512MB (2x333 or 1x400, makes no difference)
Soundbl Audigy gamer, gForce-3 ti = terrible performance in BF1942
stuttering view... tried almost everything, Bios update, bios mem/video
settings, video/audio drivers, directx 8/9 no difference ... 3DMark 03 = 940
thats awefull....

anyone has better experiences with ATI cards ?

Thanks

JB

"KCB" schreef in bericht

"DarrenFrost" wrote in message
om...
First of all, thanks to anyone who can help.

This is what I've got:
A7N8X Deluxe, BIOS 1003,13.0,166.36, 2.16Ghz
AMD XP3000+,
Ti4200 64MB video 4x,
1GB ram, slot 2 and 3, Corsair XMS3200LL @5 2 2 2 200Mhz,
Stable, latest drivers for all, Memtest is perfect, not overclocked on
mobo or agp card, directx 8 for 3dmark SE was used, the I tried 9
(still poor),
Sandra says AOK,
but the benchmarking runs 1/3 or less of comparable systems.

The problems: Even normal use the cursor is slow, like dragging it
through thin mud. Video benchmarking is terrible. Gaming, obviously,
such as BF1942, is jumpy.

I have spend a great deal of time researching and tweaking this group
and other postings and yet to find answer. Thanks for your help in
advance.

Thanks, Darren

Have you tried running your memory at 100% (166)?
What exactly was your 3DMark'01 score?
Have you posted at alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia ?

Old July 14th 03, 03:39 PM
nieuws.quicknet.nl

hi,

Same problem here, A7N8X, 2600+, 512MB (2x333 or 1x400, makes no difference)
Soundbl Audigy gamer, gForce-3 ti - terrible performance in BF1942
stuttering gameplay... (nvidia drivers all installed ok) tried almost
everything, Bios update, bios mem/video settings, video/audio drivers,
directx 8/9 no difference ... 3DMark 03 = 940 thats awefull....

anyone has better experiences with ATI cards ?

Thanks

JB
"DarrenFrost" schreef in bericht
om...
Ian Riches wrote in message

DarrenFrost wrote:
[...]

A few ideas / suggestions...

1) Double check AGP driver is correctly installed for Nforce2 chipset.
2) Ensure AGP acceleration is on (Press start, type dxdiag, then
enter. Check the Direct 3D tab to see if there are any problems)
3) Double check on Sandra: is your PC scoring as you would expect on
the CPU & Multimedia benchmarks? If it is, then you have a graphics
problem. If not, then something is slowing your CPU down.
4) If you've got anything like Norton installed, try disabling it and
seeing if that helps.

Good luck,

Ian

Thanks Ian:
Addressed respectively,
1. Device manager says enabled and ok. Used latest driver from NVidia
43.45 for win2k
2. ran direct 3d test, ok on all point, recognizes as enabled.
3. Sandra benchmarks as expected. Current AGP xfer rate is 4x, as
expected. Frustrating. CPU monitoring show little or no CPU usage.
4. All the tests I run were without Antivirus and Firewall.

I have recently disabled vert sync, helped some with 3dmark03. Score
went to 1300 from 885, still very poor for this cpu agp card combo,
well my expectation. I uninstall the agp card, pull it, rebooted.
Still the same poor benchmarking results.

Need more luck,
Thanks,
Darren

Old July 16th 03, 02:51 PM
Nom

"nieuws.quicknet.nl" wrote in message
hi,

Same problem here, A7N8X, 2600+, 512MB (2x333 or 1x400, makes no

difference)
Soundbl Audigy gamer, gForce-3 ti = terrible performance in BF1942
stuttering view... tried almost everything, Bios update, bios mem/video
settings, video/audio drivers, directx 8/9 no difference ... 3DMark 03 =

940
thats awefull....

What do you expect, with an old-fashioned GeForce 3 ?