Should I upgrade to Nero 6 ?

Old August 31st 03, 05:30 PM
WebWalker

Default Should I upgrade to Nero 6 ?

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:58:54 +0100, Sandy wrote:

I am on Nero 5.5.9.14. I have three questions:

(1) Is there a link to show me what extra things Nero 6 gives me?

Have you try http://www.nero.com?

--
WebWalker

PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279
Old August 31st 03, 06:32 PM
default

wrote:

I am on Nero 5.5.9.14. I have three questions:

(1) Is there a link to show me what extra things Nero 6 gives me?

(2) Will I have to pay again for Nero 6?

(3) Importantly, is Nero 6 as stable and as bug-free as Nero 5.5?

I believe they do want money for it . . .

I downloaded the trial and I really liked the interface (easier and
more colorful) I might have kept it, except it was painfully slow at
converting mp3's to audio files. With version 6 the mp3 conversion
takes place after you tell it to write . . . and then it took ~10
minutes to do the converting before it started writing. (I only have
a 333 MHZ processor)

Download the trial version. When you go to install it, it tells you
that it detects the previous version, and gives you a serial number to
use to reactivate your old version. Then you have to uninstall the
old version (keeping the SN in a safe place) put in the trial and use
it. If you want to go back, you must reinstall the 5.5 from the
installation software and give it the serial. If you want to keep 6
they want money in 30 days.

Old August 31st 03, 06:32 PM
XPG

(3) Importantly, is Nero 6 as stable and as bug-free as Nero 5.5?

Nero 5.5 is anything but bug-free.
Nero 6 is even worse, although some old bugs were corrected.

For data, I only foud useful that now around 110 chars in filenames are
supported (like Burnatonce more or less, but far from the 212 chars accepted
by Prassi clones).

For audio, it's as bad as Nero 5.5.

(2) Will I have to pay again for Nero 6?

Yes, unless you bought it later than March or May (I'm not sure).