Google Checkout return

Old June 6th 07, 12:46 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
lordy

Default Google Checkout return

I'm returning an item worth 9.99 to a vendor for a refund.
[USB HD Enclosure - doesnt spin down. Which is typical of the cheaper
ones, I was just a bit surprised as I had been using a 2.5 one up until
now]

It was a part of an order which earned a £10 discount at Google
Checkout.

Now in an ideal world where all is fair and pretty, Google will snatch
back their discount. So I gain nothing, and SVP are probably out of
pocket with the return, and no-one wins really.

[SVP recommended I return it BTW, they are good like that, I'd be happy
to exchange, but ti be honest the enclosure is a bit too big for the HD
anyway]

So what are the chances of Google snatching back the discount and
maiking the whole thing a completely pointless exercise? Anyone had
experience of this?

I understand you can set the spin down by plugging drive directly
into 'puter and doing fancy stuff with hdparm... but then again Desktop
HDs dont like to be spun down too often either, I think I'll be sticking
to laptop ones and smaller capacity for now, or retail external units.

Lordy

The google scrambler converts copied content into complete new one! google wound find out Sarah McLead Storage & Hardrives 0 May 5th 07 09:28 AM
Google and ASUS MB Bob Asus Motherboards 0 February 3rd 06 06:30 PM
The end of Google Homebuilt PC's 0 October 15th 05 07:45 AM
aria checkout tension... Lordy UK Computer Vendors 1 December 7th 04 03:38 PM
Using GOOGLE SEARCH Michael P Gabriel General Hardware 1 December 20th 03 01:22 AM