Lowest Price on 7800GS

Old March 14th 06, 10:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Lowest Price on 7800GS

Hi Troops,
I'd really appreciate it if you would post any 7800GS price below $290.
Currently the lowest I've seen is $299. I'm chompin' at the bit to put my
9800Pro on eBay BTW, I'm going to "Watch" this thread so I don't miss
anything. S

Ed F.

Old March 14th 06, 10:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Ed Forsythe" wrote in message ...
Hi Troops,
I'd really appreciate it if you would post any 7800GS price below $290.
Currently the lowest I've seen is $299. I'm chompin' at the bit to put my
9800Pro on eBay BTW, I'm going to "Watch" this thread so I don't miss
anything. S

Give it another few weeks, you should see prices fall on the
7800GS. Target price for lots of people is $250, a fact
Nvidia's manufacturers are well aware of.

Old March 14th 06, 11:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

7800GT cards can be found for $280 on Pricegrabber, and they are obviously a
lot faster than the 7800GS. If you have an Athlon64 CPU (yes, even the S754
version), it's a far better value to pick up a PCIe mobo for $100.

Old March 14th 06, 11:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

That is why the 7600 is out .. to tempt off the low bidders
who might go for a cheap 7800. They are going to do just
like ATI with the X1800 and X1900 ... same price, different
day. They are not fooling me. Went by CompUSA to check
prices, and their cards were nearly all ATI 9250s and nVidia
5200s ... with one exception .. ATI X1900 at $695. Trolling
for a dumbass ....
What? Me worry? I'm going to find a student computer
with one of those cards in it ( paid for by Mommy ), and
buy the entire box for $300 because his games won't
run.

johns

Old March 15th 06, 12:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Ed Forsythe" wrote in message
Hi Troops,
I'd really appreciate it if you would post any 7800GS price below $290.
Currently the lowest I've seen is $299. I'm chompin' at the bit to put my
9800Pro on eBay BTW, I'm going to "Watch" this thread so I don't miss
anything. S

Ed F.

What core is your 9800 Pro? I need a spare AGP card that is somewhat
gameable, for one of the pc's going to one of my kids. think about selling
it to an individual?
McG.

Old March 15th 06, 12:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"John" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Ed Forsythe" wrote in message
Hi Troops,
I'd really appreciate it if you would post any 7800GS price below $290.
Currently the lowest I've seen is $299. I'm chompin' at the bit to put
my
9800Pro on eBay BTW, I'm going to "Watch" this thread so I don't miss
anything. S

Give it another few weeks, you should see prices fall on the
7800GS. Target price for lots of people is $250, a fact
Nvidia's manufacturers are well aware of.

$289.99 for an MSI 7800GS at NewEgg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...TTR17=&ATTR18=