Which mobo to buy

Old February 11th 04, 10:57 PM
TboXx

Default Which mobo to buy

Anyone have any ideas on a decent board to buy for a family computer. All it
would be used for is the internet basically. So it doesnt need to be full of
any specs or anything.,
Thanks - Mike

Old February 12th 04, 12:08 AM
John Dodge

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:57:25 GMT, "TboXx"
wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on a decent board to buy for a family computer. All it
would be used for is the internet basically. So it doesnt need to be full of
any specs or anything.,
Thanks - Mike

This one. You don't say for which cpu or ram you will be using.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...pn=BOXD865PERL
Old February 12th 04, 12:16 AM
JM

wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on a decent board to buy for a family computer. All

it
would be used for is the internet basically. So it doesnt need to be full

of
any specs or anything.,
Thanks - Mike

This one. You don't say for which cpu or ram you will be using.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...pn=BOXD865PERL

Total overkill for what he intends to use it for.
A KM400 based all in one board and cheap Athlon or Duron would more than
suffice for those duties along with a substantial savings in cost.

Old February 12th 04, 12:41 AM
Jeff

for the price of a celeron, you could have an Athlon 2200+
Then plop it into an A7N8X board....

http://www.vibecomputers.com/index.c...cat=16&scat=01

or some board with good ratings...

Jeff

news

Old February 12th 04, 01:30 AM
John Dodge

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:16:35 +1100, "JM" wrote:

Total overkill for what he intends to use it for.
A KM400 based all in one board and cheap Athlon or Duron would more than
suffice for those duties along with a substantial savings in cost.

How do you know he is using AMD? Sure, if he had said AMD I could find
a cheaper solution too. How do you know he doesn't already have a vid
card and sound card? Personally, I think the original poster is a
troll and just answered it for the hell of it.

Old February 12th 04, 01:41 AM
TboXx

It doesnt really matter if its Intel or AMD. I was just waiting on board
suggestions before i decided on the components

Old February 12th 04, 04:52 AM
JM

"John Dodge" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:16:35 +1100, "JM" wrote:

Total overkill for what he intends to use it for.
A KM400 based all in one board and cheap Athlon or Duron would more than
suffice for those duties along with a substantial savings in cost.

How do you know he is using AMD?

Well he didn't say he was using a P4 either stupid.

Sure, if he had said AMD I could find a cheaper solution too.

Even if he was using a P4 already you still could have suggested a cheaper
P4 board, in fact you can find cheaper (by few $$) P4 equivalents to what I
suggested. Either way... P4 or AMD he doesn't need a board like you
suggested for the task he outlined he needs it to perform "All it would be
used for is the internet basically. So it doesnt need to be full of any
specs or anything."

How do you know he doesn't already have a vid card and sound card?

Though the question is totally irrelevant to what was asked it wouldn't
matter even if he did have those as they can be transferred just as easily
to an all in one board which is bloody cheaper anyway and just as capable in
Internet tasks as the one you suggested stupid

Personally, I think the original poster is a troll and just answered it

for the hell of it.
Pull your head out your arse and examine the headers before making such
moronically stupid claims, besides the posts not originating from the same
isp, the isp's themselves are on different continents

Old February 12th 04, 05:28 AM
FireFox

You could always get a I2DMR-8G2 E8870 Itanium2 U320 2xGETH EATX MB for
the low, low price of around $1,600.00 and a pair of Itanium2 processors
1.4ghz/1.5mb cache for around $1,400.00 each. Lol, just kidding.

(-: FireFox :-)

news

Old February 12th 04, 12:46 PM
John Dodge

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:52:43 +1100, "JM" wrote:

Well he didn't say he was using a P4 either stupid.

Well, he didn't say he wanted to use an AMD cpu either, idiot.

Even if he was using a P4 already you still could have suggested a cheaper
P4 board,

Show me one P4 mb cheaper at that website I used.

in fact you can find cheaper (by few $$) P4 equivalents to what I
suggested. Either way... P4 or AMD he doesn't need a board like you
suggested for the task he outlined he needs it to perform "All it would be
used for is the internet basically. So it doesnt need to be full of any
specs or anything."

Yea, but the thing is, dumbass, they are all "full of specs" no matter
how much you pay. The mb I chose is just a good clean and rock solid
mb for a reaonable prices. What kind of idiot is going to knock that
choice?

Though the question is totally irrelevant to what was asked it wouldn't
matter even if he did have those as they can be transferred just as easily
to an all in one board which is bloody cheaper anyway and just as capable in
Internet tasks as the one you suggested stupid

Pull your head out your arse and examine the headers before making such
moronically stupid claims, besides the posts not originating from the same
isp, the isp's themselves are on different continents

Humorless kraut.

Bad mobo? wayneP Homebuilt PC's 7 December 23rd 04 10:00 AM
can mobo run unsupported cpus in underclock mode? sharon Homebuilt PC's 4 December 20th 04 12:21 PM
Help with overclocking Duron on gigabyte mobo! matiii Overclocking AMD Processors 9 June 8th 04 11:06 AM
What can I do about my dead mobo? Zenobia General 3 January 5th 04 09:30 PM
How to connect front audio ports to mobo *Vanguard* General 5 December 17th 03 09:35 PM