Using nvidia 7300gt for dual monitors

Old December 16th 07, 07:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Dick_Carlson

Default Using nvidia 7300gt for dual monitors

I've got the Nvidia 7300GT, and I'd like to run two monitors on it.
There is one VGA plug, and one DVI plug. But I can't seem to get it
to see both -- am I missing something, or does it only do one at a
time?
Old December 16th 07, 07:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Outback Jon

Dick_Carlson wrote:
I've got the Nvidia 7300GT, and I'd like to run two monitors on it.
There is one VGA plug, and one DVI plug. But I can't seem to get it
to see both -- am I missing something, or does it only do one at a
time?

I don't know about your's specifically, but I have a couple of computers
with 6300 cards in them. Those cards only have the two plugs on the
back for convenience, so you don't have to use an adapter depending on
the type of monitor you are using.

On the 6300s that I have, both the plugs are actually connected to the
same part of the card. The DVI plug uses a ribbon cable to attach it
essentially to the back of the VGA plug.

--
"Outback" Jon - KC2BNE

AMD Opteron 146 ) and 6.1 GHz of other AMD power...
http://folding.stanford.edu - got folding? Team 53560

2006 ZG1000A Concours "Blueline" COG# 7385 CDA# 0157
1980 CB750F SuperSport == For Sale $1200
Old December 17th 07, 12:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Andy

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 23:33:30 -0800 (PST), Dick_Carlson
wrote:

I've got the Nvidia 7300GT, and I'd like to run two monitors on it.
There is one VGA plug, and one DVI plug. But I can't seem to get it
to see both -- am I missing something, or does it only do one at a
time?

If you're using Windows XP, right click on the desktop and select
Properties, Settings tab, Advanced, GeForce 7300GT tab.