How does nVidia survive the bad press and internal challenges?

Old September 21st 03, 05:47 AM
i'm_tired

Default How does nVidia survive the bad press and internal challenges?

They do it by staying a step and a half ahead of the competition.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/pci_express.html

"NVIDIA has developed a high-speed x16 graphics interconnect designed to
evolve current PCI technology and address the increasing bandwidth demands
of emerging graphics applications for multiple markets, including desktop
PCs, mobile solutions, workstations, servers, and embedded communications
systems."

PCI-X solution to be revealed soon.

New high end hardware won't be using AGP in just a few months (opteron
boards etc already don't). Regardless of bad press about the real and the
imagined problems with the FX series, nVidia will be the first with a
working PCI-X solution - and a brand new video card to take the focus away
from FX. Dropping their first hints about what is coming next is front and
center on their index page. What is still front and center on ATI's? Well,
it's still the HL2 ad. So, when 'enthusiasts' are considering the move to
64 bit computing with PCI-X equipped motherboards, nVidia comes through with
the video solution.

Old September 21st 03, 01:36 PM
Dark Avenger

"i'm_tired" wrote in message news:14abb.395518$Oz4.183000@rwcrnsc54...
[...]

Goh.... Ati had al een kaart klaar, er zijn zelfs foto's van. Maar
natuurlijk ...de kaart was nog pre-productie en de specificaties zijn
natuurlijk nog niet vrijgegeven.

Oftewel Ati was eerst!

Old September 21st 03, 02:01 PM
Bratboy

hehe not a perfect translation but Dark Avenger said (I think hehe)

Goh... Ati had already a card ready of it be even photographs. Only

natural ...de not play cards was yet
pre-production and the specifications naturally yet have been released.

Either Ati was first!

"
"not me" wrote in message
What he said, I think, err...

Old September 21st 03, 05:19 PM
i'm_tired

not me wrote:
What he said, I think, err...

He is claiming he saw pictures of a PCI-X ATI card already, but that there
are no released specifications yet.

Old September 21st 03, 05:25 PM
i'm_tired

Dark Avenger wrote:
snip
Goh.... Ati had al een kaart klaar, er zijn zelfs foto's van. Maar
natuurlijk ...de kaart was nog pre-productie en de specificaties zijn
natuurlijk nog niet vrijgegeven.

Oftewel Ati was eerst!

Ik kan geen foto's van zulk een kaart op de website vinden. Verzorg
alstublieft een URL.

For those who do not speak dutch, I'm replying that I am unable to find such
pictures on ATI's website and I asked for a URL... at least I think that's
what I just said. I'm a little rusty.

Old September 21st 03, 05:52 PM
darren

You Sure about that!

http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2003/4684.html
Old September 21st 03, 06:16 PM
i'm_tired

darren wrote:
You Sure about that!

http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2003/4684.html

Does it run at X16? Stay tuned

Old September 21st 03, 09:30 PM
Dark Avenger

"not me" wrote in message ...
What he said, I think, err...

"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
om...
Goh.... Ati had al een kaart klaar, er zijn zelfs foto's van. Maar
natuurlijk ...de kaart was nog pre-productie en de specificaties zijn
natuurlijk nog niet vrijgegeven.

Oftewel Ati was eerst!

Don't you just hate it when dutch people talk dutch in english places...grinzz....
Old September 22nd 03, 12:02 AM
Dark Avenger

"i'm_tired" wrote in message news:Bhkbb.399111$Oz4.186084@rwcrnsc54...
Dark Avenger wrote:
snip
Goh.... Ati had al een kaart klaar, er zijn zelfs foto's van. Maar
natuurlijk ...de kaart was nog pre-productie en de specificaties zijn
natuurlijk nog niet vrijgegeven.

Oftewel Ati was eerst!

Ik kan geen foto's van zulk een kaart op de website vinden. Verzorg
alstublieft een URL.

For those who do not speak dutch, I'm replying that I am unable to find such
pictures on ATI's website and I asked for a URL... at least I think that's
what I just said. I'm a little rusty.

http://www.tweakers.net/nieuws/28792

This is where the first signs are given..

PCI express is coming....ofcourse...it will take time. And ATI showed
a very early model. Probably not really working in any game but just
to prove the PCI Express technology!