ATI won't display winamp media files, help!

Old June 2nd 06, 12:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default ATI won't display winamp media files, help!

I've gone nuts trying to find this subject via Google and newsgroups....I
need help.

I have a desktop PC with an ATI video card. It will display my desktop on
my TV great. It will even display streaming video from sites like YouTube,
etc., without a hitch.

But, when I try to play a video file via Winamp, Windows Media Player, Real
Player, etc., the TV screen displays everything fine *except* the actual
video.....that part of the screen stays black. (At the same time, the video
is running on my computer screen without a hitch.)

Since everything else plays, displays and works so well, all I can figure is
that I'm not flipping the right switch somewhere in the process.

I'm a newbie at this and your wisdom and advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Jim

Old June 2nd 06, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

But, when I try to play a video file via Winamp, Windows Media Player,
Real
Player, etc., the TV screen displays everything fine *except* the actual
video.....

Go to http://www.free-codecs.com/ and get the WinXP codec pack. You are
missing a codec.