EVO N150 stand alone battery charger

Old February 6th 04, 08:12 PM
Jim Gieszelmann

Default EVO N150 stand alone battery charger

I have a Compaq EVO N150 laptop that will not charge it's battery. I bought
a new battery, and it still will not charge. Got it serviced, and the tech
said that the charging circuitry is bad, and I would have to replace the
entire motherboard, which would run ~$450 plus labor.
Since I now have two batteries and no way to charge them, I was wondering if
anyone knows of a stand alone charger for these batteries, or if there is
some other way to charge them. The computer works fine when plugged in, and
at the price for a new motherboard, I might as well get a whole new laptop.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Gieszelmann

Old March 1st 06, 04:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

I am having the same problem with my compaq presario r3000. I have
been searching the internet for a standalone charger and have come up
empty handed so far. Another solution for the problem would be to just
replace the dc jack instead of the whole motherboard. This would
require you or someone else to sodder off the old dc jack and then
sodder a new one in its place. Good luck finding someone to do it for
you, as I have yet to find anyone that would do it.