Best way to clean retail audio CD

Old July 5th 11, 02:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Jim

Default Best way to clean retail audio CD

I have a few retail audio CD's and when played on hi-fi they skip a little
bit, I was wondering what would be a good way to repair this issue, I have
heard of all the old stuff like toothpaste but don't fancy that is there
something I could use in the home that would work for sure or maybe buy
something to get rid of what ever is causing the skipping

Old July 6th 11, 12:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike S.

In article m,
Jim wrote:
I have a few retail audio CD's and when played on hi-fi they skip a little
bit, I was wondering what would be a good way to repair this issue, I have
heard of all the old stuff like toothpaste but don't fancy that is there
something I could use in the home that would work for sure or maybe buy
something to get rid of what ever is causing the skipping

Look at the underside (the one that the laser shines onto) and describe
its condition.

Old July 6th 11, 02:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

Just save the songs as .wav files then burn them onto a blank cd as an audio
disk in disc at once format.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
on the job for potty mouth,

Bur-ring, i'll get this one: WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM JERK!!? We're here to help
you dickweed

I hate them both, With useless bogus bull**** you need at least *three*
fulltime jobs to afford either one of them

I'm a fulltime text *only* man on usenet now. The rest of the world downloads
the binary files not me i can't afford thousands of dollars a month

UBB = User based bullFROGGING

the realm of understandability

This sig file was compiled via my journeys through usenet

On 2011-07-06, Tony wrote:
Just save the songs as .wav files then burn them onto a blank cd as an audio
disk in disc at once format.

Won't help if the disk is already skipping. One needs a
for-one-reading-session repair before "saving".

I found that using some transparent hand lotion (I used aloe vera ;-)
to fill the scratches works wonders. (Of course, one should remove
all the excesses by wiping in radial direction. And just in case, I
was using an old CD drive in case the drops of lotion get in a bad
place... BTW, I got no problem afterwards.)

Ilya
Old July 9th 11, 11:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
davy

As said check the laser lens for dust build up.... *use only* a dry
cotton bud.

If it's the CDs, try them on another unit to make sure. If faulty follow
these links-: 'Use toothpaste'
(http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-re...hpaste-218847/)
and 'this link.' (http://lifehackery.com/2008/07/14/gadgetry/)

The information is written between the top label and the 'inner surface,
the label inner is silvered and acts as a reflector for the laser beam,
a scratch label could also impair the playability.

If ever cleaning a cd or DVD *do not use a circular motion*, this will
add more scratches!

It could also be a sign that the laser block requires replacement, the
item may be cheap or may be quite expensive to obtain, depending on the
model number.

davy