Best Settings for MSI K7N2 Delta / Barthon 2500

Old August 29th 03, 09:07 PM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

Default Best Settings for MSI K7N2 Delta / Barthon 2500

I see. Both Manual and Default can show an AGP 66MHz bus.

"Too_Much_Coffee ®" wrote in message

"Oliver Kohl" wrote in message
Hi "Clockers",
owning a Barthon 2500 and a MSI K7N2 Delta series
Motherboard, i am wondering what the ultimate (best)
settings in Bios are.
My present settings a

Adv. BIOS Features:
Gate A20 Option: Fast
Video BIOS Cacheable: Enabled

Advanced Chipset Features:
Current CPU Clock: 2200
System Performance: Manual
CPU FSB Clock: 200
CPU Interface: High Performance
FSB/DRAM Ratio: Auto

Set this to 1:1 (DRAM 400MHz and FSB 400MHz)

Memory Timing:High Performance
T-RAS,T-RCD, T-RP, CAS Latency:default (7,3,3,2.5)
FSB Spread Spectrumisabled
AGP Spread Spectrumisabled
AGP 8x Support Enabled
AGP Fast write Support:Enabled
System BIOS Cacheable:Enabled

Putting too much in ram can cause stability problems if a program writes

the same space.

Video Ram Cacheable: Enabled
AGP Aperture Size:128MB

How much dram do you have? Having 256mb ram in slots 1 and 3 is faster

than
having 512mb of ram in slot 1. If you only have 256mb, set AGP Aperture to
64mb.

Frequeny/Voltage Control:
AGP Clockefault

I think you mean 'Manual' here.

AGP Clock Value:66
AGP Voltage Adjust:1,5
DRAM Voltage Adjust:2,6

If it's quality PC3200 dram this is fine at 2.5v

CPU Ratio x11
CPU Vcore Select:by H/W

I would set this to at least 1.675v so it doesn't drop below 1.65v.

PCI Clock Auto Detect:Enabled

These settings run stable at CPU Temp: 35C System Temp: 41
Vco1,63
5 Fan's plus Standard CPU Fan

Sounds a bit noisy to me.

Video Card is a Sapphire Radeon 9500 (8 pipes enabled)

Basicly I should be happy with this ....?!

About as 'bang-for-the-buck' as you can get. Very good performance, and
it didn't cost you an arm and a leg.

Too_Much_Coffee ®

from what i read
in ths NG.

Greetings
Oliver

Old August 30th 03, 10:39 AM
Oliver Kohl

FSB/DRAM Ratio: Auto

Set this to 1:1 (DRAM 400MHz and FSB 400MHz)

OK, i'll try that, and come back with results ...

System BIOS Cacheable:Enabled

Putting too much in ram can cause stability problems if a program writes to
the same space.

So far not observed, but i'll change that back

Video Ram Cacheable: Enabled
AGP Aperture Size:128MB

How much dram do you have? Having 256mb ram in slots 1 and 3 is faster than
having 512mb of ram in slot 1. If you only have 256mb, set AGP Aperture to
64mb.

i've 2x 256MB in Slot 1 and 2. i read about the 1 and 3
thing, but my dealer said it's not important...

AGP Voltage Adjust:1,5
DRAM Voltage Adjust:2,6

If it's quality PC3200 dram this is fine at 2.5v

It's Infineon PC 2700 I believe

CPU Vcore Select:by H/W

I would set this to at least 1.675v so it doesn't drop below 1.65v.

I'll try that too....

Vco1,63
5 Fan's plus Standard CPU Fan

Sounds a bit noisy to me.