Smartphone to PC file transfer?

Old April 4th 14, 06:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
John Doe

Default Smartphone to PC file transfer?

Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.
Old April 4th 14, 06:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Bruce Hagen[_2_]

"John Doe" wrote in message
Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.

No problem with my Galaxy S3.

Old April 4th 14, 08:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
s|b

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 10:53:04 -0700, Bruce Hagen wrote:

No problem with my Galaxy S3.

Or my Galaxy S4 Mini.

--
s|b
Old April 6th 14, 05:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Michael Black[_2_]

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014, Bruce Hagen wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message
Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.

No problem with my Galaxy S3.

Apparently a "smart phone" is smart, while the iPhone isn't smart.

Michael

Old April 6th 14, 02:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Ken Springer

"John Doe" wrote in message
Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.

No problem with my Galaxy S3.

Apparently a "smart phone" is smart, while the iPhone isn't smart.

Michael

The phone is smart, some owners, not so much.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.8.5
Old April 6th 14, 04:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
John Doe

Ken Springer wordworks greeleynet.com wrote:

Michael Black wrote:
Bruce Hagen wrote:
"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote

Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.

No problem with my Galaxy S3.

Apparently a "smart phone" is smart, while the iPhone isn't smart.

The phone is smart

It's not smart, it's intuitive.

some owners, not so much.

Like the mass of Mac and iPhone users.

Steve Jobs made a killing off of the masses who couldn't care less
about personal computers. But that's not why we're here in these
PC user groups.
Old April 6th 14, 05:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Ken Springer

Michael Black wrote:
Bruce Hagen wrote:
"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote

Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.

No problem with my Galaxy S3.

Apparently a "smart phone" is smart, while the iPhone isn't smart.

The phone is smart

It's not smart, it's intuitive.

Intuitive to Person A does not guarantee intuitive to Person B.

some owners, not so much.

Like the mass of Mac and iPhone users.

Lots of PC owners have iPhones. Are you saying those PC owners are not
smart.

Steve Jobs made a killing off of the masses who couldn't care less
about personal computers. But that's not why we're here in these
PC user groups.

He did, but you introduced the iPhone into the discussion with your
original post. :-)

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.8.5
Old April 4th 14, 07:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Keith Nuttle

On 4/4/2014 1:46 PM, John Doe wrote:
Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.

If it has bluetooth, file transfer is easy. Windows 8.1 has native
bluetooth drivers that worked with my Bluetooth adaptor.

I routinely transfer files between my Samsung phone and my computer.
Old April 4th 14, 08:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
s|b

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 17:46:31 +0000 (UTC), John Doe wrote:

Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.

That's because it's an iPhone...

--
s|b
Old April 4th 14, 08:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
(PeteCresswell)

Per John Doe:
Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.

I'm sure Apple's figured that out, but it does not seem to fit into
their paradigm.

Make your next smartphone and Android device and the problem will go
away. You will need a file manager that does LAN stuff... but there's
plenty of those and they're free. I use "ES File Explorer".
--
Pete Cresswell

transfer file Tony Pacc Dell Computers 4 January 15th 07 10:17 PM
help with file transfer to laptop JC General 2 December 7th 05 03:12 AM
update on file transfer Al Dente Dell Computers 0 July 11th 05 12:59 AM
File Transfer Wizard vs. IE Clifton Dell Computers 9 July 19th 04 08:55 PM
USB File Transfer Cables? Michael P Gabriel General Hardware 0 December 27th 03 04:05 PM