Photo paper substitute Canon Pro?

Old June 26th 03, 06:41 PM
BF

Default Photo paper substitute Canon Pro?

I am also looking for something cheaper but haven't been able to find it. I
have tried cheaper paper that doesn't work. Maybe Canon figured out how to
make us buy only their paper. If anyone finds an equivalent paper please
post what it is.

"Arthurm" wrote in message
I have the I950 and the Canon paper pro is great. I was wondering if there
was one as good but not so pricey. I was hoping maybe they produced it

under
another name or some thing. Thanks.

Old June 26th 03, 09:16 PM
Wayne

"Arthurm" wrote in message .. .
I have the I950 and the Canon paper pro is great. I was wondering if there
was one as good but not so pricey. I was hoping maybe they produced it under
another name or some thing. Thanks.

I recommend Olympus Pictorico Photo Gallery Paper and red river
papers. Not sure if they are cheaper than pr-101 though.

Wayne
Old June 26th 03, 10:05 PM
BF

Wayne have you use Red River paper on a Canon i950? I just went to their web
site and the price for their Ultra Pro Paper is very reasonable. If it works
as well as the Canon Paper Pro they have a new customer.

"Wayne" wrote in message
m...

.. .

Old June 27th 03, 07:40 PM
rs1011117

"BF" wrote in message
Wayne have you use Red River paper on a Canon i950? I just went to their

web
site and the price for their Ultra Pro Paper is very reasonable. If it

works
as well as the Canon Paper Pro they have a new customer.

I'm not Wayne but I've used Red River paper on my Canon S9000 and am
completely satisfied with it.
For me it is much better than Kodak papers. I ordered it from their
internet site and received prompt
delivery. I need to order more of their 4x6.5 UntraPro Gloss paper soon.
This paper comes with
a tear off 1/2 inch tab and works very well for borderless prints. You
might also want to order their
Photographers Sample Kit which includes 8.5x11 inch sample sheets of their
various papers.

Old June 28th 03, 01:40 AM
shamanjp

Is the "polar" that much better than the "ultra pro" to warrant the price
difference?
I am particularly interested in the UltraPro Satin or the Polar Satin if it
is worth the extra cost.

"rs1011117" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Old June 28th 03, 11:11 AM
Wayne

"Arthurm" wrote in message .. .
I started this thread and have just ordered the sample kit from them today.
Worth a shot expecially from the response here.

Red river papers are great but you might also want to try OLYMPUS
papers (they are the same if not better than Canon's pr-101 - the
colours on Olympus Pictorico papers are kinda more vibrant and vivid
than on pr-101) - just order a sample pack and you won't regret it.

Wayne
Old June 28th 03, 03:57 PM
shamanjp

Thanks Ron, based on your reply I just ordered some Ultra Pro Satin from Red
River. I was using some "Photo Quality Silky Ink Jet Paper" that I got at a
local computer show (www.paper4you.com) which is excellent but they only
sell it 15pcs for $15. So I am hoping that Satin is the same as silky.
I haven't seen it mentioned here but I have had great luck with IBM
"Professional Grade Ultimate Glossy Photo Paper" that I buy at Best Buy for
my Canon i850 at about half the cost of Canon Pro (when buying a 50 pack).

Other than it being a slight bit heavier, I can't tell any difference. The
Ultra Pro Satin is outstanding.

Is the "polar" that much better than the "ultra pro" to warrant the

price
difference?
I am particularly interested in the UltraPro Satin or the Polar Satin if

it
is worth the extra cost.

Mustek TWAIN crashes when 2nd gray scan in XP? Jan Scanners 1 December 21st 04 01:43 PM
Which Scanner: Canon LiDE80 or Epson Photo 3170 Alan Dempster Scanners 0 May 12th 04 03:49 PM
ARRGHH HELP: Printer problems (Canon i150) Lee Anderson General 1 January 7th 04 02:02 AM
Scanning a color photo Patch Scanners 2 December 10th 03 06:08 PM
80g Photo paper Martin ©¿©¬ Cdr 0 October 29th 03 04:20 PM