Adding memory to Inspiron 1100

Old March 23rd 05, 02:16 PM
Patrick Cleburne

Default Adding memory to Inspiron 1100

I'm looking to add memory to my Inspiron 1100 which has two128 meg SODIMMS.
It looks like only one of them can be removed so if I replaced that one with
a 256 meg or 512 meg stick, the slots will have different capacities. Will
that work?

And where's the best place to get a good price on a new memory stick?

Cleburne

Old March 23rd 05, 04:50 PM
Christopher Muto

generic pc2100 type 200 pin sodimms should work, but it is always smart to
purchase from someone that accepts returns should you encounter a problem.
for a hassle free experience, high quality, and very competitive price go to
www.crucial.com you can save a little vs. crucial but you could encounter
difficulties (including getting paid on the rebates that the big chaing
stores often offer). also, you should be able to remove both sticks and
install a 256mb or 512mb (max) in each socket for a system max of 1024mb.

nk.net...

Old March 23rd 05, 04:56 PM
RRR_News

Patrick,
Yes that will work, I installed a 256MB RAM stick in my wife's Inspiron 1100
last month. Leaving the fastened OEM stick installed. My understanding is
that the fastened OEM RAM stick can be removed, and a replacement stick can
be installed in it's place. The MAX memory for the Insp 1100 (from
www.crucial.com site) is 1024MB (1GB) of RAM, so you should be able to put
in 2 X 512 MB sticks in your laptop.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate