Show Contents whlie Dragging not Sticking

Old February 4th 04, 08:34 PM
Don Cohen

Default Show Contents whlie Dragging not Sticking

I have a brand new Inspiron 8600, running XPHome, with 128mb ATI 9800
videocard.

I like to have Windows show the window contents while dragging, and have
checked this on the Appearance...Effects... dialogue box.

It works, but is lost when I reboot. I have looked at Kelly's registery fix
for this, but find that my registry shows the value of "1" for the
DragFullWindows key, just as it's supposed to, even after a reboot and the
check box is again unchecked.

Anybody have a fix for this?

Thanks.

Don
www.dlcphotography.net

Old February 5th 04, 03:11 AM
Alex

This was already discussed in CommunityForum on Dell's web site. You can
solve this by un-installing Dell Media Experience.

Old February 5th 04, 07:48 AM
S.Lewis

"Alex" DONOTREPLY@ATcomcastDOTnet wrote in message
This was already discussed in CommunityForum on Dell's web site. You can
solve this by un-installing Dell Media Experience.

snip

....which in and of itself can be a mild adventure. A truly invasive blob of
bloatware.