HP Laserjet 1020 Printer

Old February 17th 06, 11:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default HP Laserjet 1020 Printer

Any reactions?

Old February 18th 06, 12:11 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Thank you for your quick and informative reply.

Since the toner cartridge is small, I suppose that means I will have to
buy more cartridges over a shorter period of time compared to other
printers with larger toner cartridges.

I am a writer and all I need is something that is cheap and relatively
reliable to print out my rough drafts and revisions. I don't need
color or graphics. I was told that I should look for a laser printer
since their cost-per-page is lower than other kinds of printers.

If you have any other printer recommendations for someone with my
needs, any advice offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Old February 18th 06, 12:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

wrote:
Thank you for your quick and informative reply.

Since the toner cartridge is small, I suppose that means I will have to
buy more cartridges over a shorter period of time compared to other
printers with larger toner cartridges.

I am a writer and all I need is something that is cheap and relatively
reliable to print out my rough drafts and revisions. I don't need
color or graphics. I was told that I should look for a laser printer
since their cost-per-page is lower than other kinds of printers.

If you have any other printer recommendations for someone with my
needs, any advice offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Cost per page is generally lower on lasers and entry level lasers are much
cheaper to buy nowadays. You should be able to select draft mode for your needs
and that will save toner. The question of how often you need to buy cartridges
really boils down to cost per page, larger carts cost more and are generally
lower cost per page, but to take advantage of that you will be spending more on
the initial purchase. The other advantages of lasers over inkjets in your
environment are that for the cost of a 1020 you will probably get faster
printing than an inkjet and there is no concern over intermittent usage
resulting in head problems.
Lexmark make good lasers (unlike their inkjets). These are the two
manufacturers of entry level monochrome lasers that I would consider.
Tony

Old February 18th 06, 12:47 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Thank you again for your quick and informative reply.

Old February 19th 06, 03:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

The toner cartridge is rated for 3000 pages and you can buy after market
compatibles for around $40.00 .

This is far cheaper than an inkjet. Moreover you will find it prints a lot
faster. The initial cost should be very competitive with a low cost inkjet.
I recently picked up an HP1020 for $130 Canadian dollars at a local Staples
store, and, so far, I am very impressed wih the overall speed and print
quality.

oups.com...

Old March 9th 06, 04:13 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Concerning printing on both sides of the paper, am I right to presume
that this printer can't do that?

Old March 10th 06, 01:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Most laser printers can print on both sides of the page, with manual
assistance to turn the paper over, and can do so without real damage.

Occasionally, the paper curls too much, or the toner will stick to wrong
parts, butter this rarely occurs. It may be best., for safety, to ask
HP if they have any suggestions or expectations or concerns.

Art

Old March 19th 06, 04:43 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Concerning using ink saver function all the time, how much longer will
a cartridge last in terms of time?

Twice as long?

Seagate Barracuda 160 GB IDE becomes corrupted. RMA? Dan_Musicant Storage (alternative) 79 February 28th 06 08:23 AM
FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 2 May 8th 05 09:58 PM
The ideal inkjet printer anon Printers 6 April 29th 05 07:39 AM
tip: lpr printer to the router's printer port lew@csus_abcdefg.edu Printers 0 January 4th 05 02:28 AM
Question about soft font for laserjet printer Dennis Ng Printers 1 January 28th 04 06:22 PM